• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spells you want them to bring back

Tony Vargas

Legend
I don't even recall the details of the old Chromatic Orb particularly. I wouldn't call it one of the real iconic spells from AD&D.
It first apeared in Dragon, then made it into UA, I think. It was notable mainly for how stupidly broke it became at a certain level.

I mean there were a lot of spells in AD&D, if you're going to make the names of every one of them sacrosanct, that's a lot of good power names.
Like Leomund's Lamentable Belabourment? Alacrity? Rary's Mnemonic Enhancer? ...there's some real gems... ;P

Beyond that I'd say yeah, they are going to end up with whichever modern Arcane class best fits.
Yeah, I don't really object to that. The game needs to move forward, and for a while there it was consuming potential spell names at an alarming rate.

Oh, no, not really. Never really made the mistake of inviting them to my table...
I envy you your perspicacity.

Remove ads