D&D 3E/3.5 Spellscar rules for 3.5?

Kristivas

First Post
My friends and I would like to play in an updated Forgotten Realms with the 3.5 rules. Are there any rules out there for playing a Spellscarred character in 3.5?

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
None that I have ever seen.

I think the post-Spellplague Realms is simply so unpopular with FR fans that it's simply ignored. (In the interests of full disclosure: I've been running FR since the OGB and I have come to prefer the 4E version because I still have all the history... but I have a lot of blank space to play with. YMMV.)

Kristivas

First Post
Any reason it's regarded as so unpopular? I'm just getting into post 4e Faerun and this makes me a little curious, as the Realms have always been one of my favorite settings.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Any reason it's regarded as so unpopular? I'm just getting into post 4e Faerun and this makes me a little curious, as the Realms have always been one of my favorite settings.
If you go to forum.candlekeep.com and ask the same question you should be able to spawn a 20-page thread of bile and vitriol directed at the 4E Realms. Personally, I enjoy it. The only thing I dislike is that the map is the worst map in the history of RPGs. Even its colour palette was determined by the contents of a baby's diaper (I'm not joking: it's a mixture of greens that I saw in my son's diaper when he was around 6 months old). But most of the hate is focussed on the destruction of what was there before (which I personally like: more plot hooks for me!) including dead deities (again, more plot hooks!).

Remove ads