• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spider-Man reactions (spoilers)

Elaer

First Post
What about Supes?

Not to knock the first two Batman movies, but I'm afraid that the first Superman movie is seriously being ignored...

It set a benchmark in special effects, told a full and beautiful story, and appeals to all without being burdened by angst and darkness. Not to mention it stayed true to the character which three generations (four now) had grown up with.

What upsets me is when X-Men is billed as a better movie. Now that was a good flick, but I doubt that my kids are going to be watching X-Men in twenty-five years

BMF

First Post
Not to knock the first two Batman movies, but I'm afraid that the first Superman movie is seriously being ignored...

I have to agree. I watched that movie a lot when I was a kid, but, at that time I didn't know anything about movies. I just knew what I liked.

Then a couple of years ago, I happened to see it on TV late one night. It was just starting as I fliped the channel. So I sat and watched it. I hadn't seen it in about 12 years.

I was really surprised at how good it was. I actually got a lot more out if it than I ever did as a kid.

Kent: "Going down?"
NPC: "No!! UP! UP!!"
Very sublte and very cool. :cool:

As for spiderman, I'm looking forward to it, but I don't have my hopes up too high. It'll be fun to watch him swinging through the streets at least.

As for the x-men, I'd give it 8 out of 10.

Batman- er... no comment...

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
Aaron L said:
Wow, the flash comics on the Marvel site are really cool. Thanks for the link!

You're all welcome. I suggest everyone tries out the Elektra, which is by Brian Michael Bendis (a great writer, responsible for USM); as well as Ultimate X-men, which is a good series as well.

Addendum:
Well after signing up and checking the members section I saw they have some other books that should be checked out by one and all.

Amazing Spider-Man #30-34, 36
Origin 1-5 (it's about Wolverine)
Tangled Web 4 Severance Package
The Ultimates 1-3Startling Stories 1-4 (heard good things about this one haven't read it yet though).

Last edited:

Remove ads