• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spoiler for Of Sound Mind]

Did your group [see spoiler] in Of Sound Mind?

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%

Morrow

First Post
Gez said:
Man... Why havn't you and team continued that story hour ?

I encouraged the players to update the the Knights of Ill Fortune story hour, it was interesting to hear different parts of the story from different characters. However, when I moved out of the Boston area we had to wrap up the campaign pretty quickly and the story hour didn't seem like as much of a priority. Now I'm living in Plymouth, New Hampshire, and looking for a new game.

Morrow

Last edited:

I haven't been in that module, but I've been in that situation, more than once.

And every time it comes up, I (and usually half the party) say "It's a trap. Leave it alone." Usually several times. But one guy insists on screwing with it, and boom, sets off the trap.

Usually this results in the trap-screwer getting off OK, and the poor schmo he talked into helping (to get the game moving) dying.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Well, DUH it's a trap. That was part of what made it so fun at the convention when I ran it.

My brother was playing in the adventure, and he and most of the other players immediately saw it as a trap and gave it a wide berth. But this one guy, playing a goofy low-wis fighter type, wasted no time in climbing the statue; even as the other PCs were saying, "Umm...are you SURE you want to do that?" he was prying the gem out.

The resulting scene was one of the highlights of running the adventure. His foolishness made everyone have a grand time.

Daniel

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
And that was my goal. :D

Let's face it, the cover of the 1e PHB was a tremendous inspiration; that's why the bad guys in that room are lizardy, and why there's a huge flaming bowl of treasure. I used to sit and wonder WHAT was going to happen after those two thieves sitting on top of the idol got the gem out. Two decades later, I decided to answer the question in as fun a way as I could think of.

KnowTheToe

First Post
Yep, we readied actions and pried the eyes off of the the statue. Barely escaped with our lives. Not everyone was happy, but why deprive the DM and players of such fun.

Staffan

Legend
Yes, they did. One of them climbed the statue, started prying, and got slapped. He went into negatives, fell off the statue, and of course took some more damage from the fall :)

Good times. Thanks, Piratecat! (Oh, and when is OSM2 out?)

Remove ads