Spotlight Interview: John Rogers on the Manual of the Planes

AllisterH

First Post
Spaceships, laser guns, robots, aliens, laser swords... most I know do. Right there with Battlestar Galactica, and Star Trek. :-S

Hmm?

Star Wars has long been considered a fantasy series set in space. Surely you have come across that argument while on the net? Star Wars is never interested in the science behind their "cool effects" and the ramifications on their society, unlike say Trek and Galactica...

Klaus

First Post
jonrog1:

My understanding is that goblins were not fey, but in the Feywild Table of Contents there is a section devoted to a Goblin Kingdom. What can you tell us about it and is it in any way influenced by the movie Labyrinth?
Core or not, IMC goblins and trolls hail from the Feywild.

Jack99

Adventurer
jonrog1:

My understanding is that goblins were not fey, but in the Feywild Table of Contents there is a section devoted to a Goblin Kingdom. What can you tell us about it and is it in any way influenced by the movie Labyrinth?

I ain't john, but according to the MotP, they are not fey. They have however, over the course of time, established several kingdoms in the Feywild. Some have been destroyed, but others have managed to survive. They make alliances with most of the evil races etc, and raid mostly the eladrin and the gnomes.

jonrog1

First Post
The Fomorians as "comic foils"? Oh dear. No, it's a bit more like "We've been captured by the Fomorians. Let's swallow our own tongues and die quickly. If we're lucky."

A race of giant grey magic-using Caligulas, ruling unassailable underground iron fortress/empires, each utterly insane in his or her own special way. Except for one ... the worst one.

The Goblin are basically as described by Jack99. I'm not sure if they kept the phrasing, but I opened the section with: "The Goblin are not fey. They will, however, send an invasion force through any portal large enough for a horse cart."

The raggedy remnants of Goblin armies have been united, and tainted by strange magics of the Feywild are proving surprisingly ... effective. HEck, even the Goblins in your mortal adventures might be allied with the Goblin Kingdom in some way.

Aldarc

Legend
Core or not, IMC goblins and trolls hail from the Feywild.
This is how I was planning on making it IMC too.

I ain't john, but according to the MotP, they are not fey. They have however, over the course of time, established several kingdoms in the Feywild. Some have been destroyed, but others have managed to survive. They make alliances with most of the evil races etc, and raid mostly the eladrin and the gnomes.
I can't help but wonder then what effects over time the arcane energies of the Feywild will have on the goblins there.

Scribble

First Post
This is how I was planning on making it IMC too.

I can't help but wonder then what effects over time the arcane energies of the Feywild will have on the goblins there.

apparently it taints them in some way which is suprisingly effective... :p

Punnuendo

First Post
On topic, I just wanted to say all this Feywild stuff is sounding pretty awesome. I might actually pick the book up once I get a chance.

D.Shaffer

First Post
The raggedy remnants of Goblin armies have been united, and tainted by strange magics of the Feywild are proving surprisingly ... effective. HEck, even the Goblins in your mortal adventures might be allied with the Goblin Kingdom in some way.
...Are you, perchance, a fan of Labrynth? If so, I'm seeing some wonderfully creative possibilities here. :D

Remove ads