• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spur Lords Information?

TheWiseWarlord

First Post
Hi. I'm looking for a prestige class for my character, and I seem to recall browsing through Lords Of Darkness and seeing something called the Spur Lord. I think it might fit my character, but I'm not sure.

Since it would be the only reason for me to buy Lords Of Darkness, could someone just give me the general concept of it, and what the requirements are? I don't want to get Lords Of Darkness if the concept doesn't fit or my character can't meet the requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Requirements
BAB: +4
Skills: Bluff 3 ranks, Concentration 3 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 3 ranks, Sense Motive 3 ranks, Tumble 5 ranks
Patron: Cyric
Feats: Iron Will, Leadership, Lightning Reflexes, Quick Draw
Special: This character must have either made peaceful contact with an evil outsider that served Cyric or received a prophetic dream from Cyric.

The Spur Lord is a decent fighter or fighter/rogue PrC. (It specifically states that clerics can't be Spur Lords.) They are leaders of a special military order dedicated to Cyric. Since they are immune to the spells cast by clerics of Cyric, they don't have to worry about threats from within the church, and are free to pursue other agendas.

They get some nifty abilities, like the ability to store a weapon in their arm (kinda like a permanent Glove of Storing), and the ability to temporarily raise their Charisma, Will saves, and AC. They also have some good class skills, such as roguish skills like Move Silently, Hide and Tumble, and leadership-based skills like Diplomacy and Sense Motive.

Last edited:

Remove ads