• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

St. Ulthar's Medallion

galahad0430

First Post
"Good Sir, I am Devon Belanti, Sword of Helina, I have recently come into possesion of this medallion." Devon hands over the medallion he acquired to the old man. "It was apparently in the possesion of a goblin and the man who took it claims they have infested the site where it comes from."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian can't help but think to himself, I hope we don't cause him to have a heart attack when he hears what we have to say, his body doesn't look like it can take much more strain. He motions to the others to wait in the lobby for now. He doesn't want to give the poor guy more of a shock than is absolutely necessary.

Mahorfeus

First Post
Seeing Quillian's silent signal, the tengu rogue halts his advance, lingering the in the initial chamber. Tugging on the hood of his travel cloak, he took this opportunity to have another glance at the people in his group, attempting to evaluate what their proficiencies might be.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem shrugged and waited outside with the others. Once out of ear shot he says, "I love a good meal and all but that man looks to take it to extremes." The halfling puts his sack down gently and wipes the sweat of his hands off his well worn pants.

gryphon_gold

First Post
Coreuth's visage takes on a dubious appearance as she takes in the surroundings. The elf almost begins to inquire out loud as to what this out-of-shape man has to offer for her services. She bites her tongue, though, and waits to see Mael's reaction to the medallion shown by Quillian.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Day One: Meeting with Mael Loïc

"Good Sir, I am Devon Belanti, Sword of Helina, I have recently come into possesion of this medallion." Devon hands over the medallion he acquired to the old man. "It was apparently in the possesion of a goblin and the man who took it claims they have infested the site where it comes from."

Mael Loïc takes the medallion. Devon cannot help but notice how long and ragged the merchant's fingernails are. Loïc squints at the medallion while Devon talks.

"You have done right to bring this to me, Sword of Helina," Loïc says, and then he lapses into silence. He caresses the medallion between forefinger and thumb. His cheeks puff as he breathes. "I am one of Saint Ulthar's few remaining faithful. Over the years, much knowledge has been lost. Too much knowledge." Loïc's head slides back until he's looking up toward the domed ceiling. "How wonderful it would be to recover what has been lost. A restoration to be hoped for."

The crows overhead grow still. The squawking and hopping stop. Devon and Quillian see each bird leaning forward from their perches, all of the facing Loïc. The merchant's head snaps forward, and his eyes focus on Devon. The birds resume their squawking and hopping.

"What do you propose to do for us?" Loïc asks. "What are your terms?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin quietly steps back, allowing Devon and Quillian to take charge in this conversation. He looks up at the birds, and checks his pocketwatch.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"We have a number of associates with us who are willing to help, but there is a minor matter of compensation. Devon and I are both willing to do this as part of our service to our chosen lords, but the others are of a more mercenary bent, and may need some additional "encouragement" in order to get them to do the right thing in helping." Quillian speaks quietly while displaying his own holy symbol.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Day One: Meeting with Mael Loïc

Loïc smacks his lips. He plucks a date from the bowl, presses it into his mouth, and chews noisily several times before swallowing.

He says. "Ah, yes. Of course. If these goblins have defiled a place sacred to Saint Ulthar, all that they have looted has been profaned. It would be suitable for 'encouragement' as a result. Any burial site untouched must remain untouched. Punish these defilers for us. Return with sufficient information for us to reconsecrate the site. Are these terms acceptable, or do you have a counter proposal?"

galahad0430

First Post
Devon's eyes gleam with excitement, "Those are more than sufficient terms for me, but I will let these others make their own determination. It will be an honor to cleanse this blight from the sacred resting places dedicated to St. Ulthar!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads