St. Ulthar's Medallion

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago returned to the group with Lem, having scouted out the top of the mound. The tengu clucked at the news of the side entrance, contemplating Holphin and Lem's suggestions.

"We know not if both entrances lead to the same area, but perhaps we should split up and cover them both," he would offer, before nodding towards Holphin, addressing his plan of the halflings taking that route, "Taking one route might alert the goblins to our presence and cause them to fortify their defenses."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I like the idea of trapping the bottom entrance, but not collapsing it immediately. That cuts off their escape, but also prevents them from knowing immediately that something is amiss. Splitting out the party is just too dangerous," Quillian offers as the party comes back together.

gryphon_gold

First Post
"The entrance through the top is only twenty feet. If Emet can hold a rope for us, how about one of us go down there and gather more intel before deciding which route to take?"

galahad0430

First Post
Devon listens to his companions and nods, "The bottom entrance might be too small for me with my armor and shield. I think the plan to go into the upper entrance is best."

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago would tap the lower tip of his beak with his free hand, taking Quillian's reply into consideration. "Very true, awk, in which case, the top of the mound seems to be the best option. How do you propose we block off the lower exit?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"You probably know as much or more on traps than I do. I will leave that detail up to those who have experience with them." Quillian doesn't even try to offer advice on a subject that never really came up onboard the ships he was familiar with.

Mahorfeus

First Post
OOC: Seems like things have ground to a halt over the past week! Everybody still checking in?

"Hm, a trap would be a tad too elaborate to prepare - time is of the essence," Bozzago would say, glancing around for a particular object, "But perhaps we could lodge the opening shut with an object of sufficient size; a stone, perhaps."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I'll handle the side passage," replies Holphin. "Emet will be up top, lowering people inside. Once everyone else is in, Emet and I will follow through the passage."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Day Two: Into the Barrow

Emet lowers Devon into the shaft. Holphin waits many yards away at the base of the barrow, keeping an eye on the side tunnel.

At the bottom of the shaft, Devon finds himself in a roughly square-shaped room. Near his feet is a long wooden pole, notched on opposite sides along its length. Devon also sees a small hole in the floor. The hole is about a foot in diameter and looks to be two feet deep.

Leading out of the room is a hall leading southeast into darkness. Devon can see that the hall opens into another chamber. Near the limits of his darkvision is the opposite wall of the room.

OOC: Perception checks from Devon and Holphin, please. The map at the right shows the bottom of the shaft and the exiting hallway. Ignore the spiral staircase symbol.

Remove ads