Stacking Races

Drayan

First Post
If I were to roll up a Tiefling Moon Elf, would it be +4 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int, and -2 Cha, with an ECL of +1? And which favored class would I go with?

AGGEMAM

First Post
How did you come up with that?

A Tiefling has evil outsider ancestry, a moon elf is a moon elf.

I might allow a Tiefling half-elf, though.

Last edited:

Drayan

First Post
How did I come up with that? One word, Survival. The campaign this character was for is run by a DM who is a power gamer as a player, therefor, all of his NPCs and encounters are powergamed out the hoo-ha. We've run into 17th level Barbarian HOUSEWIVES. Because of his style, it forces us players to power game and munchkinize our characters just to survive. That really has nothing to do with my question though. In my mind, it makes no sense that every aasimar, tiefling, and genasi is human. There's got to be some elven genasi out there somewhere. And also, it doesn't say anywhere that a moon elf has to be good, nor does it say that a tiefling has to be evil. Besides, being a tiefling merely means that you have infernal anscestry. Any one who WILLINGLY sleeps with a demon is evil, and insane. Or there could always be a demon who polymorphed itself into elf form. The question still stands though, would a moon elf tiefling be handled as I stated above?

Jack Haggerty

First Post
AGGEMAM said:
How did you come up with that?

A Tiefling has evil outsider ancestry, a moon elf is a moon elf.

I might allow a Tiefling half-elf, though.

Right, but a Tiefling is generally considered part fiend, part Human. I think he's looking for the offspring of a fiend and an elf... Though how that happened in the first place would require an awfully good explaination.

Regarding the Tiefling Moon Elf... Why not just use the Fiendish or Half-Fiend Templates?

Last edited:

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Your best bet with this is to take a regular Moon Elf and add either the Fiendish (ECL +2) or Half-Fiend (ECL +3) template.

Also, in Monsters of Faerun, they describe a specific type of Tiefling called the Fey'ri. They are descended from elves and demons. However, they are considerably more powerful than normal Tieflings. (WotC hasn't specified an official ECL for them yet, but I'd guess that they are somewhere around ECL +3 or +4). You might take a look that those.

If, for some reason, you were to stick with your original plan, I'd make it ECL +2. Tieflings, by themselves, are already ECL +1. Adding the Elven or Half-Elven traits on top of that would certainly raise the ECL modifier.

As for favored class, it would depend on where you were brought up. If you were raised by your elven parent, your favored class would be Wizard. If, like many Tieflings, you were shunned by your elven parent and forced to scrounge out an existance by yourself, your favored class would probably be Rogue.

Last edited:

Gromm

First Post
Fey'ri should be at least +4ECL, but if your DMs playing that kind of game, I don't think it will matter.
Anything with the potential for natural DR, dimension door and Enervation should be pretty high ECL.
Not to mention all the other great abilities(natural flight, alternate form at will, skill bonuses, all the elven abilities).

Last edited:

Not to mention his lack of giving us details and forgetting to mention certain things that are crucial to our survival until we have made initiative. This is only a small part of the problem!

Mr.Binx

First Post
Don't forget you can make a half-fiend anything... not just humans and elves (Half-Fiend; Monstrous Manual, p.215).

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
I find that among the common PC races, dwarves tend to stack best. They're short and blocky, and since they usually have all that chunky armor, you can fit them together like puzzle pieces.

Remove ads