Release Star Trek Adventures: Core Rulebook Released in PDF!

Modiphius Entertainment’s Star Trek Adventures: Core Rulebook is now available on PDF through DriveThruRPG/RPGNow. Star Trek Adventures is one of this summers BIG releases and Modiphius have been hot at work making sure there’ll be plenty of support for GMs and Players coming in the next few months.

Starfleet Needs A New Crew!

Welcome to your new assignment, Captain. Your continuing mission, to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations, to bodly go where no one has gone before…

Star Trek Adventures takes you to the Final Frontier of the Galaxy, where new discoveries await keen explorers of Starfleet. Your duties may take you to the edges of known space, or to Federation colonies in need, to the borders of neighbouring galactic powers or into the eye of interstellar phenomena. Your ship and your crew epitomise the best Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets has to offer, and you are needed more than ever.

A new threat looms from across the Gamma Quadrant, as it is confirmed by Commander Sisko and his crew that the Dominion, led by the Founders, represent a significant threat to the Alpha Quadrant. Tension is already high in the region of Bajor and Deep Space 9, as the Maquis continue to act against the Cardassian-Federation peace treaty, with Captain Janeway and the crew of the U.S.S. Voyager preparing for their mission in the Badlands. It is a volatile time for the Federation and new crews have never been in higher demand.

• Create your own Star Trek stories of discovery and adventure on the Final Frontier with 368 pages of content. Full colour PDF.

• Complete 2d20 game system from Modiphius Entertainment adapted for Star Trek Adventures, used in Mutant Chronicles, Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of, John Carter of Mars and the Infinity RPG.

• An extensive exploration of the United Federation of Planets and its galactic neighbours in the Alpha, Beta and Gamma Quadrants.

• Guidelines for Gamemasters old and new, on how to run an adventure of exploration and discovery for the crew of a Federation starship.

• A full catalogue of aliens and antagonists including Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, the Borg and the Dominion.

• Brought to you by a team of expert Star Trek writers including writers from previous editions of Star Trek roleplaying games and other gaming talent.

• Personal logs and intercepted communications by Starfleet Intelligence provide a new perspective on Star Trek and its events.
SaveSave

So this does not support TOS/TAS era gameplay?
The TOS Enterprise is included. And the rules work for tech don't really change. And a fair amount of the art inside is TOS based.
You should be able to play in that era with zero conversion or problems.

However, while it mentions the Enterprise era as an option, those ships aren't presented as options.

lyle.spade

Adventurer
I bought the PDF and am reading it. I'll post thoughts about it here as they come to me. Feel free to ask anything you'd like to know about it, too - contents, whatever.

And as for this silly line over TOS vs. TNG vs. WTF...please. The book is almost 400 pages long and it's not complete. There's no way, given the amount of ST content, to build a single-volume that'd be comprehensive. They've got an aggressive release schedule for the next 18 months, and so we need to give them time. If they'd focused on TOS to the exception of TNG, some people would grouse about that.

That said, it's all made up, right? Which means you can...make...stuff...up (Kirk voice there, please). You don't....NEED...stats to...make stuff up.

Kirk out.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
There are chapters on the early years of Trek and on TOS, and TAS bits are sprinkled through the core book, even tho TAS isn't really part of the license. Plenty of more content will be coming out in supplements. I don't think it's possible for anyone to stuff a core book full of 50 years of Trek lore plus a game system and keep it under 400 pages.

Plus, with the new edition of the Encyclopedia and the breadth of information available on the internet, STA is largely the first official Star Trek RPG that kinda doesn't have to introduce the entirety of Trek. It's focused on the default starting date of 2371, though every era of Trek is playable out of the core. And the supplement stream will add more content on the various locations and eras and so forth.

Disclaimer--I'm a Modiphius freelancer and a lifelong Trekkie.

Yeah, Morphidius has said the licence doesn't cover TAS or STD.
Not sure about the movies, but I imagine they're not included either. Which is likely why the default era is right at the end of TNG.

I also have the PDF and have read through much of it. Enough to do my usual lengthy review.
So fire away with questions.

Brodie

Explorer
Geek & Sundry's Eric's TBD RPG just switched to the game and the first episode aired last night and the system looks okay. They spent more time on the story than actual rolls. First roll wasn't until maybe 30 or 40 minutes in.

(Edited because I didn't see that there was another page.)

Last edited by a moderator:

modiphius

Explorer
Not sure about the movies, but I imagine they're not included either. Which is likely why the default era is right at the end of TNG.

I also have the PDF and have read through much of it. Enough to do my usual lengthy review.

Actually the TAS is included as are the movies (just not the Kelvin universe movies - but then it's kirk and the enterprise, if you want to imagine you're on that ship when you're playing there's no rules changes)

lyle.spade

Adventurer

Where did you read that?

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases