[Star Wars d20] Let's see some published campaigns!

freebfrost

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
So, when the game itself seems to suffer from less-than-desired sales, published adventures likely wind up very low on the list of "things to publish".
One of the reasons I avoid buying core books for games is a lack of published adventures, especially when it's a new genre for me. I simply don't have the time to make my own trial-and-error adventures, so I look for some support that I can use as a starting point. When I don't see that, I don't buy it period.

Faraer

Explorer
Adventures suitable for multiple eras tend to be about what doesn't change between eras, which is by and large the criminal underworld. Disproportionately many of the published short SWRPG adventures are of that kind, as is the mega-adventure Tempest Feud. Because of this, very few of the published adventures are suitable (without substantial change) for, say, Jedi missions during the Republic. It's a tough problem.

freebfrost points out the corollary to 'adventures don't sell': they're individually less profitable than other books, but at the same time they're important to the commercial success of the product line as a whole, as Wizards has realized with D&D.

Klaus

First Post
After reading Star Wars Legacy #2, I wouldn't mind seeing a campaign setting set in that era (circa 150 yaers after the Battle of Yavin). I mean, you have Jedi, Imperial Knights, Sith, pirates, bounty hunters and not a trace of Palpatine.

Odhanan

Adventurer
I would purchase a SW campaign in hard-cover form in a heartbeat. That's what the game needs at this point: an iconic campaign a la Masks of Nyarlathotep or Shackled City sticking to the movies in background and feel that takes characters from level 1 to 20.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Odhanan said:
I would purchase a SW campaign in hard-cover form in a heartbeat. That's what the game needs at this point: an iconic campaign a la Masks of Nyarlathotep or Shackled City sticking to the movies in background and feel that takes characters from level 1 to 20.
Meh. Any product still has to undergo an LFL approval process. Think we should take a poll on this. Do you want WotC to occasionally (up to 2 times a year) publish an adventure supplement? Or would you rather have yet another crunch book?

Remove ads