Star Wars: Top Gun

MarkB

Legend
The X-Wing and TIE Fighter games really were awesome, I have fond memories of them. It's certainly true that no subsequent Star Wars games have captured the level of immersion that their flight-sim-like game mechanics engendered.

Zardnaar

Legend
The X-Wing and TIE Fighter games really were awesome, I have fond memories of them. It's certainly true that no subsequent Star Wars games have captured the level of immersion that their flight-sim-like game mechanics engendered.

Yeah there was a golden age if Star wars games from say 2002-2006.

You could maybe stretch that to 1999. Empire at War has a very active mod community as it's kinda unique.

The old X-Wing games still fun. Alot of those genres are extinct or endangered so there's nothing better to replace them.

RTS games in similar boat with similar golden age.

I played TIE Fighter 1995, then the X-Wing novels came out the following year with Aaron Allston eventually doing the Wraith Squadron books generally regarded as some if the best Star Wars books ever.

The X-Wing games were awesome.

In a lot of ways, those games are what turned me into a big Star Wars fan, X-Wing, and later TIE Fighter, were the things that turned me on to Star Wars beyond just the movies. I remember reading the X-Wing strategy guide, and the large portion of it that was written from an in-game perspective as a training manual to new Rebel pilots. . .and just completely losing myself in the Star Wars galaxy.

I spent a lot of afternoons after school playing those games.

I've always regretted that space flight sim games fell out of fashion, and regretted that Disney closed down LucasArts (because we KNOW that EA wouldn't make something this awesome). . .because something like the X-Wing games done with modern graphics and design could be absolutely amazing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases