• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stardust

Klaus

First Post
John Q. Mayhem said:
I liked them both, and I definitely recommend reading the book. The ending is a lot more melancholy, though. There's also a much greater sense of the huge, varied faerie world around them.

Klaus, you shouldn't say X>Y if you haven't even seen Y :p
But judging from the replies here, seems I was right on the money! ;)

Mind you, I TRIED to watch Stardust, but it breezed past theatres here before I got the chance to watch it.

Wombat

First Post
I haven't read the comics/graphic novel, nor have I seen the movie.

The book is enjoyable enough fair, but very far from Gaiman's best work. It makes a cute little fairy tale, with little to add beyond that.

Klaus

First Post
Wombat said:

The book is enjoyable enough fair, but very far from Gaiman's best work. It makes a cute little fairy tale, with little to add beyond that.
Well, it *is* meant to be a cute little fairy tale, and Charles Vess' artwork only reinforces that fact.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Wombat said:
There isn't a graphic novel version per se; there's a print story with myriad illustrations by Charles Vess. I much preferred this to the movie. It wasn't that the movie was bad, it's just that I had certain crystal-clear images of certain characters and places that the movie wasn't able to capture.

It was still fun, though, and worth watching.

Remove ads