Starfinder Starfinder Silliness

So, what happened to Golarion?

The Time War. The Last Great Time War happened to the planet. Either that, or it was that time that davros and the Daleks stole the grab bag of planets so they could destroy the creation.

Citing the Time War is kind of a personal joke. Basically, anytime there is any kind of inconsistency in any fantasy or science-fiction production I always blame the Time War. Like, why Data's cat keep changing gender and breed? The Time War. Why do the history of Wonder Woman and Spiderman keep shifting and are full of inconsistencies? Time War. And so on.

So what happened to Golarion? The Daleks grabbed it for that "destroy creation" scheme of theirs, or the Time Lords stole it and stuck it in a box somewhere to save it for future use.

Just an amusing notion. But then I have wanted to use a dalek in a D&D game for a long time now. Just something really Gonzo.

S

Sunseeker

I don't think I follow. Are you talking about the Dr. Who episode where the Earth's moon was a giant space monster egg? That was a bad episode.

He's referencing the "Stolen Planets", planets that for inexplicable reasons disappeared in the past, present and future in the aptly named episode "The Stolen Earth". The planets were all "special" and were required by Davros to create the "reality bomb" which would, as the name implies, destroy reality, all of them. All 27 planets were not named, so it's quite possible Golarion was one of them. :p

It wouldn't be unbelievable for Starfinder characters to actually fight and defeat Daleks. Depending on how you present them. Daleks are always more dangerous (and better written) the fewer of them there are it seems.

He's referencing the "Stolen Planets", planets that for inexplicable reasons disappeared in the past, present and future in the aptly named episode "The Stolen Earth"....

I thought I was making that reference....

And just because only a few days may pass on Golarian, centuries might pass for the rest of the galaxy before Golarian reappears.

An inverse Dalek rule? Are you saying Daleks are ninjas?

That would explain why they keep trying to assassinate the shogun.

Remove ads