STARGATE: ORIGINS TRAILER

[video=youtube;Itqq9hzLapk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itqq9hzLapk[/video]

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/01/stargate-origins-new-trailer/

The show will feature ten 10-minute episodes and be exclusively available to stream on Stargate Command. Looks like a young Indiana Jones type, and it's locked behind a pay wall of 20 dollars (which expires on May 15, 2018, which however also gets you the rest of the Stargate verse.

Basically you're going to pay money for webisodes.....unless you don't own the other stuff in some form....

MarkB

Legend
So it's basically one Stargate movie, only you have to watch it ten minutes at a time.

Aside from Stargate Universe I really like the Stargate movie and shows, and would love to see more of that setting. But my interest would be in seeing an expansion of the existing setting, and a prequel really doesn't fit the bill. Not something I'm interested in paying for.

masshysteria

Explorer
So this is why Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe are no longer on Amazon Prime for streaming. I wouldn't mind paying $20 to access and finish watching those, but there's no mention of what happens after May 15 to those shows or your ability to stream them. I'd hate to pay and be left hanging in the middle of a season like what happened when I was trying to watch them all on Amazon Prime.

delericho

Legend
Aside from Stargate Universe I really like the Stargate movie and shows, and would love to see more of that setting. But my interest would be in seeing an expansion of the existing setting, and a prequel really doesn't fit the bill. Not something I'm interested in paying for.

Pretty much this. Except that I liked SG:U as well. (Though I understand entirely why it wasn't popular and why it was cancelled :) )

Curiously, it doesn't involve anyone who worked on the past three series. So this is a "by the studio that brought you..." production. It's the name and franchise, but not the creators and producers that actually evolved the series beyond the movie.

Remove ads