WotBS Starting with The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar in WotBS

andrewnotandy

First Post
I have decided that War of the Burning Sky fits my tastes in adventures MUCH more than Scales of War, since SoW is modular with almost no threads running through the dungeons. However, the name of my homebrew campaign setting is Not An End, meaning that the campaign will never end. I did this because many of my players complained that they've never gotten to a high level because we've started over because the new adventure started at level 1. This time, I promised I would not start over, which brings me to my question.

How and what should I include from the Scouring of Gate Pass if I am going to begin at the second module? Currently, the PCs have about half the XP needed to get to 4th level, so I can have about 5 or less encounters from that module or some other creative way of doing it. I want to include everything that will be continuous in the rest of the series.

Furthermore, my game world (Not An End) is based off of the Points of Light setting, with a little bit of battlestar galactica thrown in (I was hinting at a fight between one true god, the astral dieties, the one false devil, and the primordials). How do I handle the rest of the world in this campaign? Doesn't WotBS ignore the continents not put on the map

Congratulations on joining the WoBS fan club!

The Scouring of Gates Pass is important primarily as a means to anchor the PCs to the city and 'up the stakes' of the war in a personal way. There are a couple places they go/see and people they meet that will pop up in later adventures. I think it would be relatively easy to up the ante and turn the module into a shortened, higher level version. You really need to have only 4 or 5 encounters to set the story line. Meet the resistance, grab the box, meet the rogue, and survive the hunt.

Those are the bare minimums and will leave out some of the local flavour. You will also need to find a way to ingratiate your party to the resistance as some future modules fall a bit weak on the 'why are we doing this?' answer.

As to the other continents... the only impact is if the PC's fail horribly and the BBEG rules the world at the end of the arc :)

I am running the game in Eberron's early history and using the continent of Sarlona. I don't expect the PCs to go anywhere else, but if they get thier hands on the Torch they just might shy off to Xendrik or something silly.

Remove ads