• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stat blocks for Summoning spells

Michael Tree

First Post
I've started playing a druid, and I'm finding it a bit annoying to have to cross-reference back and forth to get the stats for each creature I summon.

Are there any resources online that have the statblocks for each of the monsters summonable at each spell level? How about for Summon Monster spells too?

thundershot

Adventurer
Michael Tree said:
Thanks, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. It's $10 I can't spare, has stat blocks of every creature in the SRD, and doesn't break them down by Summoning spell levels.

The one Eric posted would be perfect, if it weren't for 3.0. ;)

Scott Metzger did one. I can't remember where I found it, but here it is...

Chris

Attachments

• 3.5d20SummonMonster.zip
    176.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 3.5d20SummonNaturesAlly.zip
    149.7 KB · Views: 75

atra2

Explorer
Very nice. I only spotted one error:

Celestial Template raises the creature's intelligence to at least 3.
In the Summon Monster 3 document at least, all the monsters were
intelligence 2.

I'll do a global replace on "int 2" and call it at that. (INT 3 arguably
lets you use the Celestial language to call out "Attack!" and such. The
INT 2 animals under Nature's Ally act more instinctive, and you'd
probably need a Handle Animal roll to direct them for anything besides
"attack" and "guard."

thundershot said:
Scott Metzger did one. I can't remember where I found it, but here it is...

Chris

physics_ninja

First Post
atra2 said:
Very nice. I only spotted one error:

I spotted something myself: the celestial riding dog stat block appears in both the SMI and SMII lists. The celestial riding dog doesn't actually apear on the SMII list. While it does appear on the SMI list I strongly suspect it should be for the common dog (size small) and not the riding dog.

Despite that, these lists are fantastic! Thanks for doing them and making them availaible

thundershot

Adventurer
I noticed a few little quibbles, like subtypes missing, but other than that, and what you mentioned, it's VERY useful to my players (and me, since I can safely use summoner villains!)

Chris

Remove ads