• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

State of Virtual Tabletop Usage

idle_ideas

First Post
Hi,

This is a biased post on my part, and a little bit self-promoting, so apologies in advance :)

As of this date, what's the spectrum of VTT usage here? What are the most used, and are people still keeping an open mind about new entries into the niche? What keeps you staying with the VTT you're using? Are there features you still wish for, regardless?

We're biased since developing VTTs is sort of our thing, but we'd like to know the community in order to best serve it. Also, we're here to plug our Kickstarter but don't have enough posts to do that yet on Promotions :))

Thanks in advance for the discussion!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Roll20 has about a million users. Fantasy Grounds has the D&D license. Those are the two biggest players in the market.

idle_ideas

First Post
Thanks Morrus. Yeah, we know those 2 quite well :)

We'd like to know how users on a particular location feel about what they're using, and the various reasons (from the user's perspective) that underscores the successes behind these. We'd like to find our way to similar success using what we hear from people, not necessarily by walking the same path, but by resolving our unique identity in what's becoming a very competitive niche.

Zhaleskra

Adventurer
I need to ask the Fantasy Ground developers some questions now that it's available on Steam. A long time ago I paid for the GM license for it directly, but I don't even remember which of my four (at the time) e-mail addresses I used.

Remove ads