Status Effect Rings

aco175

Legend
The plastic rings off plastic bottles would work but in the current Pandemic conditions handling dozens of bottles might not be a good idea.
Roll the dice, man. Unless you live in a city with more than 50 cases. And in truth you only need 4-5 red ones and 1-2 other colors to start.

BrassDragon

Adventurer
Supporter
As an alternative:

I've used index arrow tabs. They're easy to get and are generally less hassle when you move a lot of marked miniatures around. They're easy to apply and remove and won't damage paint/varnish.

You also have the option of writing on them (I usually put in the turn number that the status effect ends.)

41siSD4d5%2BL._AC_SX355_.jpg

Ratskinner

Adventurer
Is there a good place to find 'generic' colored plastic rings that can be used for status/condition effects?

Edit: We're playing a mech rpg called Lancer.

One thought I had was polymer clay DIY. Its got loads of colors and you could mix them into patterns.
Flatten out some clay, cut a ring of the appropriate size, bake it, voila. If you want a seat for your minis, just press the/a base into it before baking. After a baking, you can write on it with permament markers. Seal with almost anything varnish-y, if you like a shiny look.

With a little bit of ingenuity, you could probably even make "hangers" that hook on to the minis, themselves.

The clay itself is pretty cheap, it would only get a bit pricey if you went all in on the tools to work it.

pogre

Legend
If you have someone in your group that has a 3d printer there are tons of free files for condition rings. They print quickly, look decent, and are super cheap in terms of resin or filament.

Remove ads