• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Stealing rules from PFRPG for 3.5E - Any Suggestions?

I play D&D 3.5E. While I'm not really looking at converting my game over to Pathfinder RPG completely. What I was thinking of doing, however, was "stealing" bits and pieces from the PFRPG rules.

So how easy would this be to do? And what rules do you think are candidates for this?

So far I only really know what I have read in other peoples' posts about PFRPG. Out of what I have read the new turning and grappling mechanics seem like prime candidates for "stealing". The new version of the Fighter might also fit this category (although is he too good in comparision to the other 3.5E base classes now?)

Olaf the Stout

buzzard

First Post
I'm of the opinion that more feats never hurts. Make some of the new ones available to your 3.5 people. There's really nothing incompatible about feats.

kitsune9

Adventurer
I play D&D 3.5E. While I'm not really looking at converting my game over to Pathfinder RPG completely. What I was thinking of doing, however, was "stealing" bits and pieces from the PFRPG rules.

In a nutshell and as easy-peasy as possible--go feats, skills, CMB and CMD.

That way, you keep the races, classes, spells, and other stuff 3.5 but have some Pathfinder bits in there.

There's really all sorts of combos, so have fun and experiment. :)

Arnwyn

First Post
So how easy would this be to do? And what rules do you think are candidates for this?

Easy-peasy, because that's what we're doing. We're sticking with 3.5 and aren't particularly interested in PFRPG, but there's stealable stuff.

Without going through the rules with a fine-toothed comb, here's what we've adopted so far:
- Favored class (with some further modifications)
- final Spellcraft skill check for creating magic items (should have been in 3e in the first place)
- a couple of feats (Master Craftsman being one in particular)

OTOH, we're staying far far away from the CMB nonsense, since (AFAWC) it's worse than 3.5's rules, which we've never had a problem with in the first place. Same with the skills. In fact, everything Hunter in Darkness said we're keeping away from.

Remove ads