Steampunk! Advice and Suggestions welcome!

DireWereTeddy

First Post
Alright, so I'm about to start a playtest campaign. One of the players (new to tabletop RPGs) tossed out the idea of a steampunk campaign, and the other players latched on. Now, I'm all for it, but I thought why keep all the fun to myself?

What I'm thinking I'm going to do is go through the O.L.D. and N.E.W. books and pull everything that would work into a single compiled list. Pick skills that would fit into the setting, use some of the N.E.W. equipment refluffed for the more advanced steampunk tech. Or write up my own if needed. The starship rules may even work for creating airships, with some tweaking...

So, crowdsourcing time! Does anyone have thoughts on what skills, equipment, or careers/traditions should be kept and which should be tossed? Anyone have thoughts on changes (major or minor) to existing material to better fit? I'm going to play around with some stuff this weekend, but wanted to post now so that by the time I have some ideas, there might be some more things that I hadn't thought of yet.

Khaalis

Adventurer
I'd love to respond, but don't really want to bother until the next playtest is out for NEW since a LOT of the core systems have changed completely since the last playtest doc. Might be worth the wait. Morrus says that it will be out some time this week.

Remove ads