Step right this way .... the answer to all your problems (with healing surges)

Cyronax

Explorer
WARNING: LINK CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=563099&in_page_id=1965&ct=5

Check out the linked article. It relates a new troll-like regenerative ability called 'pixie-dust.' Quite frankly, it reminds me that a lot of concepts are rhetorically justifiable in an rpg with regards to healing.

C.I.D.

EDIT!: Based on a thread crap, I might as well say you'll be reading about a medical breakthrough involving regeneration of real human fingers.

EDIT: Moved to Off-Topic. Please keep it civil in here, folks. - Xath

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyronax

Explorer
Surgoshan said:
Dude, warn people that when they click on that link they'll be looking at the end of a severed finger, why dontcha?

"dude," chill out. I didn't think it was too controversial. Thanks for your threadcrap.

C.I.D.

Apparently I've spent too much time on the internet since the thing that disturbed me was not the finger (meh) but yet another medical article with the phrase "we don't actually have any idea how this works, but it's pretty amazing, eh?"

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Yeah, finger didn't phase me at all either. Pretty damn interesting stuff.

Now... if they could have quick reacting kind. Just imagine receiving a serious wound, lots of bleeding, etc. Shove that powder into the wound and watch it regrow.

That be like 20-30 years at the least down the line, but damn cool to think about it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7354458.stm This BBC article has a little video showing day-by-day pics of the finger and you can see it growing back.

Vaeron

Explorer
I don't have a problem with healing surges, personally.. PCs are Heroes! You can knock em down, but they get right back up and keep on coming after you.

It requires a bit of a change in mindset, from "smalltown boy who makes it big" to "smalltown boy of exceptional talent gets even better", but I'm ok with that. I like the Points of Light theme... especially as my campaigns usually focus on a world falling apart or going corrupt.

Remove ads