D&D 5E Sticking with D&D?

My hope is to stick with DnD.
Wotc made great job in the last decade.
Revivify a game in coma.
Instal a culture of playtest and feedback.
Even initiate a global revision that will mostly support old adventures and material.
I was proud of the work done by Wotc.
They just made a mess that certainly go beyond what they expect, they got to clean up now.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Nope.

To be fair, my group and I have been wanting to branch out to other systems and genres for a while now, and none of us had been interested in One, based on what we'd seen from the UAs. But we have so many games and I personally feel so soured on D&D at the moment that once our current games are over, it'll be a long time before I play it again.

Uller

Adventurer
I have been playing D&D since ~1980. I will continue to play "D&D" but probably will not be purchasing any WotC books again. This isn't because of the OGL controversy (though that certainly didn't help). D&D is more than just WotC products. Yes, they own the trademark but it is sort of like some areas of the southern United States were the word "Coke" refers to all forms of soda pop. If you ask for a "Coke" they will ask you what kind? If I ask my friends to play D&D they understand I am asking to play any fantasy RPG that follows the basic structure of D&D (6 stats from 3-18, resolve action using a d20, classes, races, XP, gp, +1 swords and magic missile spells). I don't need to purchase anything from WotC to play that game because I already own at least 10 different versions of that game. I love the products that 3pp have been putting out. If they can keep publishing those against the 5e SRD then great. If not, I'm sure they will figure out how to publish without that.

Orius

Legend
Yeah, I'll stick with it.

That is 2e and 3e. Haven't been enthusiastic about what WotC has been doing since the release of 4e. This current little controversy isn't exactly going to change my mind.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases