Still Taking Requests (Updated: 4/14 - The Destructor)

the Jester

Legend
I just wanted to tell you what a thing of beauty that creation you did for me is. We're restarting the epic game in a couple weeks, and I'm working on the prep for Beyond Bile Mountain- and I'm finally at the ass-hard, tough as nails encounter with it (along with the Bile Lord Chemnu and a bunch of other nasties as well- overall EL about 38, yipes!)

Thanks again! :D

justinsluder

First Post
doghead said:
plots and places - hag and co.

NOTE: If you are in Dogville, you shouldn't be reading this.

Sorry this turned out a little longer than expected.

I have a party of 5 2nd level characters currently protecting a caravan from a goblin raid. The characters will probably reach L3 fairly soon. The setting is loosely Pathfinder. The players are free to use any material. I'm just sticking to Core (SRD) and Pathfinder (alpha). Characters use their Con score instead of their class HD at first level. The game is loosely E9. In other words, level 9 is as powerful as anyone gets.

Here is the goblin war band
war leader (warrior 4?) x1
chief witch doctor (cleric 3?) x1
elite guards (warrior 4?) x3
wolf riders (warrior 2) x7 - 4 dead
warriors (warrior 1) x12 - 6 dead
archers (warrior 2) x6
witch doctors (cleric 1) x2

So far, only the goblins below the *'s have engaged. The various war leaders have been ordered to keep a low profile. Attacking the caravan is not keeping a low profile. Losing a few warriors can be explained away. Losing key individuals would be harder.

The goblins are part of a larger force of several tribal war bands, pulled together by a hag, who has plans.

Recently the town church in Sandpoint burnt down. Beneath the church is an artefact that the hag wants. In a few nights, her forces will raid the town and attempt to recover the artefact. They will use silence and darkness spells to try and keep the town from knowing of the raid for as long as possible. I am also thinking along the lines of using earth elemental for digging.

If the night raid fails, the hag will encircle the town with her goblins, and consider plan b (an all out attack?)

The hags eventual goal is to use the artefact to change the course of a river, flooding planes to create more swamp, as well as denying a great city (Magnimar) its water. I don't really expect all this to come about, so haven't worked it all out in detail.

I haven't stated up the hag. She lives in an inland lake. She will have a few close companions - perhaps a couple of merrow. I would be interested to see your take on the hag, and what sort of companions you would give her. She should be a handful for the PC's should they decide to go toe-to-toe with her. With her companions, she should be able to give the PC's a lesson in caution. I don't believe everything in the world should present a perfectly balanced encounter.

I am also curious to see what sort of goblin war bands you would put together, or anything else you would throw into the mix.

doghead
aka thotd

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your request. I've been busy with my two jobs and work around the house.

What exactly are you still in need of? The rank and file gobo's? Hag Mistress? With the max PC level being 9th I'll see what I can do, but I do work better with a specific goal in mind.

Let me know please.

Thanks and take care.

justinsluder

First Post
the Jester said:
I just wanted to tell you what a thing of beauty that creation you did for me is. We're restarting the epic game in a couple weeks, and I'm working on the prep for Beyond Bile Mountain- and I'm finally at the ass-hard, tough as nails encounter with it (along with the Bile Lord Chemnu and a bunch of other nasties as well- overall EL about 38, yipes!)

Thanks again! :D

Good to hear, I wish I was able to play. I've been working every game day for the last month and a half (I think).

The need for money sucks!

I hope everything works out well with the big fight.

the Jester

Legend
justinsluder said:
This saddens me.

Well-

You know how much work it was to make that nimblewright for me? Imagine doing that several times per game.

I get a great deal of joy out of doing it, but man! -there are times when I wish there were a few books of good epic monsters I could run as-is. :(

Edit: Aside from that, I really like what I've seen of 4e so far, but then again I loooove 3.5.

Still, the idea of prepping for my epic game in 1/10 the time, literally, is very appealing. That number is assuming I'm making my own monsters, btw.

Now, if 4e turns out to suck, I'll go back, importing the things that I like best into my own kind of bastardized 3.825 or something. Or play Pathfinder, or Castles & Crusades, or... whatever. :) But dammit, I'll be playing and running a game! :D

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
justinsluder said:
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your request. I've been busy with my two jobs and work around the house.

What exactly are you still in need of? The rank and file gobo's? Hag Mistress? With the max PC level being 9th I'll see what I can do, but I do work better with a specific goal in mind.

Let me know please.

Thanks and take care.

I know how it is. I haven't logged in for about a week now.

I was curious to know how you would do the hag and perhaps a few minions. I suppose I was just looking to get another perspective on the character. She hasn't come into play yet, but I want to start thinking about how she will act as the PC's start making their presence felt. The PC's may run across her soon, but at this stage, I don't think they should be trying to take her on directly.

I realise that that is all a little vague. Even if you just have some thoughts or ideas on the hag, I would like to hear them. I prefer bouncing ideas around with other people to working alone.

I'm going to be off line until next weekend, so their is no hurry.

doghead
aka thotd

the Jester

Legend
Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the party in my epic game is currently throwing down against (among other things) the Axenscion Prototype that you designed for me. :]

Their current assessment: "That damn robot is gonna kill us all!!":eek:

Remove ads