Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

wmasters said:
"Ah, hello! I am Scodi Torensutta Harrelen Beremwocket III. You can call me Scodi, everybody does. So, who are all of you?"

Eanos bows his head to the gnome, saying simply "My name is Eanos." He looks to the others, then. While he has a difficult time doing so himself, he knows that some adventurers prefer to give false names on occasion, and he doesn't wish to give out any more information about his companions than they would be comfortable with.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden rises from his chair, any excuse to not be sitting in the undersized furniture any more and bows slightly to the gnome.

"Greetings to you, Master Scodi. I am Alden Eckhart."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid 3

Quarion nods his head slightly, introducing himself as, "Quarion, druid of the Green One." To himself he thinks, Why are all gnomes bumbling fools?

LiquidBlue

First Post
Joru ghe Bana, Gnome Bard 1

Joru ghe Bana, the little gnome annouces from his position.

Joru then shares a short verse:

[sblock=Gnome]
Life is long and carries on,
and people as strangers meet.

Then delicate questions, with smiles don
We ask, What is there to eat?

[/sblock]

I have left my family to travel and learn of the world as I prepare to be a talekeeper.

wmasters

First Post
Scodi nods at your introductions, although appears slightly taken aback by Joru's song. "Well thank you all for coming. And for your verse, I suppose. You'll have to excuse my appearance, you're rather earlier than I expected. You made good time from the Red Dragon! Doubtless you want to know why I need your help."

Scodi takes a seat at the table, "Some days ago, I had a shipment of Orianna due for delivery, a valuable plant stock which I know would sell quickly from the shelves. En route to Fallon my caravan was attacked, however, the caravan guards subdued and my stock stolen! This is a tragedy indeed, not only does it cost me money, but I cannot have bandits thinking they can steal my goods.

"This is, of course, why I need you. I am not of suitable stature to go out hunting bandits, as you can see, but I can see that you may be better suited! Recover my goods and I will reward you with 500 gold each; and you will have my lasting gratitude."

[sblock=Joru]Knowledge (nature): 1d20+7 = 14
You've heard of Orianna, it's a herb used occasionally in brewing potions and can also be made into a relaxing drink. It doesn't grow locally.[/sblock][sblock=Quarion]Knowledge (nature): 1d20+8 = 9
Orianna isn't a herb or plant that you've come across before. You guess it must be reasonably rare.[/sblock]

LiquidBlue

First Post
Joru ghe Bana, Gnome Bard 1

wmasters said:
Scodi nods at your introductions, although appears slightly taken aback by Joru's song. "Well thank you all for coming. And for your verse, I suppose.

Joru seems a little disappointed by Scodi's response to his verse.

Rae ArdGaoth said:
Quarion looks puzzled. "Orianna, you say? I have never heard of such a plant. What are its properties?"

"Quarion, I know a little about Orianna. It is an herb that is sometimes used as a component in magical potions. It is also useful in its own right because it can be made into a relaxing drink."

Turning then to their host and prospective employer, Joru continues, "Orianna doesn't grow around here. Where do you import it from? More importantly, where was your shipment when it was stolen?"

IamTheTest

First Post
Dae shifts slightly in the background. A bit taken aback by the sheer volume of things in such a small place. He tries to listen more closely.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Alden considers the information for a moment. Ignoring the discussion on the benefits of herbology, he interjects his own questions for the gnome.

"The guards were subdued? Not killed? Did they have any description of their attackers?"

wmasters

First Post
Scodi clenches his fists as he speaks, clearly agitated. "When the attack came, it was almost here, just a few hours out of town! The guards were attacked on the road to Brimbor; when they came round they came and told me about it straight away. It's infuriating that the city guard won't act on this, disgraceful even! 'Outside of the city, not their responsibility, too busy catching real criminals.' It costs good money to keep them, and for what?"

Scodi takes a deep breath, and fetches a drink from a small cabinet in the corner of the room, and taking a sip seems to calm down a little.

" The Orianna is imported from the east, I've got a supplier who dries it and ships it over."

"The guards weren't killed, fortunately. They made it back to me safely, and I so I was able to get one of my wizard friends to send a message over to the Red Dragon. I didn't ask them about a description, I must admit, I didn't know what to do really. I sell herbs, remedies and potions, I'm no investigator. You could ask them though, Isabella took the details of where they are staying."

Remove ads