D&D 5E Storm King's Thunder is someone's Demonweb Pits

Correct. Rise of the Runelords was the first Pathfinder Adventure Path after Dungeon was canceled, but it was still in 3.5
Ah yes, the end of Dungeon magazine, that was a sad time for me. Although, I missed out on the Age of Wyrms adventures in the publication; it happened during my eight-year hiatus from Dungeons and Dragons.

I would suggest that the Age of Wyrms is a classic, people who played it speak very fondly of it; but even during my pause in gaming the reputation of Rise of the Runelords was known to me (although I thought it was a video game).

Anyway, the Age of Wyrms is more like my experience with Curse of the Crimson Throne. It's a classic to me but not many people talk about it.

Zardnaar

Legend
Man, that Adventure is 7 years old in a few months: that's older than any of my kids. I am pretty sure it is actively a classic by now.

Na you have to wait at least a decade and two editions imho.

See how 3E adventures are now classic at least the good ones.

Modern classic maybe but to early. Future classic pretty much 100%.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Na you have to wait at least a decade and two editions imho.

See how 3E adventures are now classic at least the good ones.

Modern classic maybe but to early. Future classic pretty much 100%.
There are people playing the adventure who were born after it was published, man.

Zardnaar

Legend
There are people playing the adventure who were born after it was published, man.

Not hard if they're 5 or 6.

Was the sunless citadel a classic in 2007/8? Probably not. Beyond that is just the passage of time, number of people who played it (can't be to obscure).

jgsugden

Legend
I bet if we started a poll and asked people to vote for their favorite iconic adventure (and allowed them to add to the list of options) we would get a lot of options, and only a few that get a bunch of votes.

Zardnaar

Legend
I bet if we started a poll and asked people to vote for their favorite iconic adventure (and allowed them to add to the list of options) we would get a lot of options, and only a few that get a bunch of votes.

It's pretty much the usual suspects. Whatever the current edition is plus some B/X and 1E stuff.

2E-4E won't have much by comparison. 2E and 4E are notorious for meh adventures while most if the great 3E ones were Dungeon magazine and/or obscure.

Remove ads