Storyhour Posting issues

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well, if you cannot reply to my PM, perhaps you can here.

What operating system are you working on? Windows 7, Windows 8, or one of the current Mac OS? Or are you working on a tablet?

What browser are you viewing EN World in when you work? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Chrome? Opera?

Here's a couple things you can try:

1) Try working in a different browser. If you are currently using Firefox, try using IE or Chrome, and see if you get the same result.

2) Try typing up something lengthy in a plain text editor (on Windows, try plain old Notepad). See if it gives you the same result.

Some body suggested I try a different Browser and it has worked. My new security system also suggested there are some nasty things floating here thus why i could not openly / regularly post here.

So thankyou for putting up with me and... heads up.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Did Chrome ask you to update anything before it stopped working? Did you do any updates to your computer at all?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Perhaps when you ran that scan, the security suite figured out that Chrome was doing something it wasn't supposed to, and stopped it...

The thing is, loads of people have decent security on their machines, but can post just fine. It sounds like your security software is going above and beyond, and we here are not in a good position to troubleshoot that for you. You may want to speak to the tech support for the people behind the security software, to find what settings you need to change to operate in the web in a normal manner.

Remove ads