• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock" - (recruiting is currently closed)

Dire Lemming

First Post
I want to be a goblin cleric but I don't know jack about maglubithingy... the goblin deity. Don't even know what book it's in. Should I just make it up or can someone enlighten me? :heh:

Dire Lemming said:
I want to be a goblin cleric but I don't know jack about maglubithingy... the goblin deity. Don't even know what book it's in. Should I just make it up or can someone enlighten me? :heh:

Maglubiyet
The Mighty One
The Lord of Depths and Darkness

Greater God, Goblin pantheon
God of Depths, Darkness, War, Discipline, Rulership

[sblock=general]
Symbol: Bloody axe
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Shaman Alignment: LE, NE
Worshippers: Goblin and hobgoblin tribes, especially warriors and chieftains
Race: Goblin, hobgoblin
Sex: Male

Preferred Weapon: Axe (battle or hand, one must be taken at 1st level)
Domains: Earth, Darkness, Protection, Destruction.

Abilities to God's clerics
Control Undead at 1/2 level. rounded up 10
+2 on Diplomacy checks with goblins or hobgoblins

Holy Days: New moon of Luna (ritual beheadings)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Notes]
Goblin (and more rarely hobgoblin) witch doctors worship Maglubiyet
Temples are in natural caverns when possible, shrines made to look like cave mouths.
Maglubiyet's goblin hordes are locked in perpetual war with Gruumsh's orcish legions on the Martial plain and battle plains of Acheron
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]
Maglubiyet, the Lord of Depth and Darkness, rules over his people with iron fist. Unlike the orcish tribes, all goblins and hobgoblins worship Maglubiyet first, though they may also honor other gods. Maglubiyet keeps a watchful eye on his servant deities, lest one of them usurp his power. Maglubiyet's shamans and witch doctors keep order within the tribes, but rarely lead them directly -- they prefer to guide, rather than rule.
Maglubiyet demands human (or demi-human) sacrifice from his people on each new moon. These sacrifices are always decapitated with a single axe blow, followed by a burnt offering of their heart. After success in battle (regardless of the phase of the moon), sacrifices will be offered up from prisoners that have been captured. Dwarves and gnomes are the preferred victims, but orcs, humans and elves are also welcomed.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Question?

SVZ: I posted this question with my character's post and am not sure if you saw it:

FreeXenon said:
I was looking for a MW tools for Mining so I went with the purely arbitrary and conservative 100gp and 20 lbs. How does that sound?
Would it be OK to get a synergy bonus to Prof (Miner) Know from Know (Dungeoneering)?

FreeXenon

Non-Evil Shamans?

From the above description it lists: Shaman Alignment: LE, NE

You might get away with playing Lawful Neutral, which would bear one component of your patron's alignment. Tue Neutral might not work. :(

Just a thought. :uhoh:

Micar Sin

First Post
Ok heres my submission for a rogue...

Ktas, Male Goblin Rog2: CR 2; Small Humanoid (Goblinoid); HD 2d6+2(Rogue) ; hp 12; Init +4; Spd 30; AC:18 (Flatfooted:14 Touch:15); Atk +3 base melee, +6 base ranged; +6 (1d4+1, Shortbow, composite ( +1 Str Bonus)); +6 (1d4+1, Sword, short); +6 (, Thunderstone); +6 (1d4, Alchemist`s fire); SQ: Darkvision (Ex): 60 ft., Subtype: Goblinoid; AL NE; SV Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +0; STR 12, DEX 18, CON 12, INT 14, WIS 10, CHA 6.
Skills: Balance +5, Climb +6, Craft (Trapmaking) +3, Disable Device +5, Escape Artist +9, Hide +13, Jump +6, Listen +5, Move Silently +13, Open Lock +7, Ride +8, Search +6, Tumble +8.

Feats: Armor Proficiency: light, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Weapon Finesse.
Possessions:
Weapons: Thunderstone (30 gp); Sword, short (10 gp); Alchemist`s fire (20 gp); Alchemist`s fire (20 gp); Alchemist`s fire (20 gp); Alchemist`s fire (20 gp); Shortbow, composite ( +1 Str Bonus) (150 gp).
Armor: Studded leather, Masterwork (175 gp).
Goods: Thieves` tools (30 gp); Backpack (2 gp); Bedroll (1 sp); Caltrops (1 gp); Chalk, 1 piece (1 cp); Flint and steel (1 gp); Marbles (2 sp); Rope, hemp (50 ft.) (1 gp).

Ktas is a vicious goblin skirmisher who specializes in slitting his preys throat while they sleep. More than a few of his rivals have suffered a similar fate, or stumbled in a fatal accident...
Smaller than most of the warriors, prefers to remain unseen. After all, hacking your foe to bits with an axe may be fun, but they can hit you back....

Smarter than most of his kin, Ktas realizes that in the grand scheme of things, Mogur is a relatively small fish, even if he is powerful by goblin standards. Ktas has heard of those the humans call 'assassins', those paid large sums for quiet kills, and dreams of one day jining their ranks. Until then, he works for the tribe while honing his skills and quietly squirreling away choice bits for himself...

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Elite Goblin Wolf Rider

[sblock]Name: Rtaden Ironeater
Race: Goblin
Class: Fighter
Level: 2
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Height: 3’-3”
Weight: 42#

Str 12 (+1) {6, -2 race}
Dex 18 (+4) {10, +2 race}
Con 12 (+1) {4}
Int 10 (+0) {2}
Wis 8 (-1) {0}
Cha 12 (+1) {6, -2 race}

AC: 19 (+4 Dex, +1 size, +3 armor, +1 shield)
Touch: 15
Flatfooted: 15
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft
ACP: +0
BAB: +2
Grapple: -2
HP: 19

Racial Abilities: Small size, Darkvision 60ft, +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks.

Saves:
Fort +4 (base 3, +1 Con)
Ref +4 (base 0, +4 Dex)
Will -1 (base 0, -1 Wis)

Weapons:
Kukri +7 melee 1d3+1 dmg 18-20/x2 S
Shortbow +7 ranged 1d4+1 dmg x3 70’ P

Feats:
Weapon Finesse (1st level)
Mounted Archery (1st level bonus)
Mounted Combat (2nd level bonus)

Skills:
Handle Animal +6 (5 ranks, +1 Cha)
Hide +8 (0 ranks, +4 Dex, +4 size)
Move Silently +8 (0 ranks, +4 Dex, +4 racial)
Ride +15 (5 ranks, +4 Dex, +4 racial, +2 synergy)

Language Known: Common, Goblin

Equipment:
MW Small Studded Leather (175gp, 10#, worn)
MW Small Buckler (165gp, 2.5#, arm)
Small Kukri (8gp, 1#, belt)
Small Composite Shortbow STR +1 (150gp, 1#, back)
40 Small Arrows (2gp, 3#, back)
Traveler’s Outfit (worn)

Mount:
Grimtooth; Male Wolf; Medium Animal; HD 2; hp 13; Init +2; Spd 50 ft.; AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 12; BAB +1; Grp +2; Atk/Full Atk +3 melee (Bite, 1d6+1/x2); SA Trip; SQ low-light vision, scent; AL TN; SV Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1; Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6.

Skills & Feats: Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1 (+5)*; Track, Weapon Focus (bite).

Trip (Ex): A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.
*Wolves have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhun

First Post
Dire Lemming said:
So um, is it alright if I play a neutral cleric or does he have to be NE or LE? I'm very bad at being evil.

Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:
The main goal of the tribe is to survive, seconds goals are to expend, obtain slaves and pillage other settlements, explore the heart of their new home and finally conquer their old homeland back and declare a successful revenge on the Dwarves.

Looks like you might have to learn to be evil there, DL...Caturing slaves and pillaging is certainly evil behavior.

FreeXenon

Rhun is most likely right... :(
This could be a good role playing challenge for you...

He could, as a Lawful Neutral Shaman, ensure that we enforce the tribes dictates without sullying himself with the dirty work. He will be a cleric which is higher up on the totem pole and be able to bully around those lower than him. Being slavishly dedicated to their god and tribe and while requiring complete submission by his subordinates to their will could be one way to play without being specifically evil. The laws and mission parameters will speak for themselves and the Shaman will ensure that their will is known and obeyed.

He wouldn't make friends very well as the rules and loyalty are what matters and not to confuzzled with emotions and morality.

What do ya think? :uhoh:

Remove ads