Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn finishes his meal, and once again leans back in his chair as he smokes, listening to all going on about him.

Voadam

Legend
Strahd_Von_Zarovich said:

I haven't been there myself, as it would be a suicide mission for an adventurer like me.
but maybe you can share some news with me, why did you came here ?

The Human replies to Miltiades

"As I said, I am a church historian. I came to see the areas of the old cult's uprisings. The gnome there is a bard from the time of the second uprising and he recorded some of the tales of the heroes of that time. He graciously agreed to accompany me here and show me the locales. As for travellers tales, for the most part things are quiet between the empire and the lands of the alliance, armies do not currently march though there is vigilance on both sides of the borders. Peace holds for now between the nations as everybody heals. Though there are occasional bandits that mean a good suit of armor and hefty arms are prudent travelling gear."

Tonks

First Post
Nierethi smiles back, orders a glass of brandy from the barkeep and turns to Lenuran again.
As we all know, the village we are currently guests in, was not far from a center of enormous evil in the past, that grew and spread his octopus like tendrils all over the area, the evil vanquished indeed, but some of his tendrils dug the earth and remained hidden, and some scattered to the four winds.
Have you heard anything about a former captain of their forces, called Lareth the beautiful?

He raises his eyebrow and take a sip from his brandy.
These are old tales with no basis on them, Lareth the beautiful was a legend and no more.

[sblock=Lenuran Knowledge] you too have heard about Lareth the beautiful, stories told by the priests that fought in the temple said that he was the master of the moathouse and he died over there in the battle, thought, his body never found.[/sblock]

"Always remember dear ma'am that the best legends form from a grain of truth. As the gods give oysters pearls, they give us our legends and histories."

Smiling as he took a quick swallow of his drink, Lenuran thought on Lareth for a moment and then spoke.

"It was said that Lareth the Beautiful was the Master of the Moathouse when the Temple sought to bend the world to their knees. The dark gods granted him the face of an angel, but the soul of a demon. When the combined forces of light stormed the Temple to tear it asunder, Lareth met them with his own forces and fell in battle. It is said that whereever his blood landed, that wood and stone burned from the dark taint that coursed through his veins. After his death, his dark gods consumed him before they could place his body into the Earth's embrace, or place his head on a spike, and his body was never recovered."

While Lenuran knew that his tale was based off of nothing more than the Cuthbert's tale, as well as a small bit of coloring to ensure that it could be remembered by others, his curiousity was raised at the asking of such a specific question.

"I will admit that my passion has to record the events of what transpired in the Temple, but how is it that you came to study this area as well?"

[sblock=ooc]Sense Motive[/sblock]

Voadam said:
"As I said, I am a church historian. I came to see the areas of the old cult's uprisings. The gnome there is a bard from the time of the second uprising and he recorded some of the tales of the heroes of that time. He graciously agreed to accompany me here and show me the locales. As for travellers tales, for the most part things are quiet between the empire and the lands of the alliance, armies do not currently march though there is vigilance on both sides of the borders. Peace holds for now between the nations as everybody heals. Though there are occasional bandits that mean a good suit of armor and hefty arms are prudent travelling gear."

A bard you say ...
The human take a glance at Lenuran and the other gnome as they speak.
Well ..
he takes a swig and stands.
It was nice talking to you strangers, I wish you good luck, see you around.
leaving you all alone, the human walks to the barkeeper, place a couple of coins and leave the inn.

Interesting …
Says the gnome.
Tonks said:
"I will admit that my passion has to record the events of what transpired in the Temple, but how is it that you came to study this area as well?"
The gnome princes of the Cairn hills send me to record, as for the purpose of their greedy desires, I do not know
He says, lower his gaze to the drink, drains it quickly and stands.
I'm sorry, but I must leave to my room, honorable friend.
He bows and turns to leave.

The barkeeper eyes you both, but says nothing.

[sblock=Lenuran's sense motive]You suspect that the gnome is not telling the truth.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Left to play with his dagger again while the conversation passes him by, the Kid arches an eyebrow when the two suddenly leave. After they are gone, he adds, "That's curious. Two visitors in town who suddenly leave when they learn what we're about. Hmm." Twirling the dagger once before thunking it between his index and thumb, he continues "Now what?"

Voadam

Legend
A bard you say ...
The human take a glance at Lenuran and the other gnome as they speak.
Well ..
he takes a swig and stands.
It was nice talking to you strangers, I wish you good luck, see you around.
leaving you all alone, the human walks to the barkeeper, place a couple of coins and leave the inn.

"Peace be upon you."

Inn of the Welcome Wench

The stout dwarf on the counter orders another ale and the brute like human orders another plate of pork chops, beside it they seem quite.
The old woman returns from the kitchen and line up the chairs and tables for the evening.
Looking outside, the sun hangs above the hills, ready to fall a sleep and leave the village to stars and the moon, a bunch of kids, those you saw on the stone bridge are playing with a fat pink pig and with a broken cart's wheel.

When you drain all the wine and chops, Vesta comes with a smile.
Anything else or do you want to discuss accommodation arrangements?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid, continuing to fidget, answers, "Well, for me, the common room is fine. Need it for at least tonight, maybe tommorow, depending on how long the master wants to stay." Hope said 'master' figures out something real quick. This place is mighty unentertaining and I have better work to be doing on the front.

Rhun

First Post
"A private room for me," says the dwarf to Vesta.

With that, he stands and moves toward the counter. Stepping up next to the stout dwarf at the counter, Korbryn attempts to start a conversation. "It does me heart good to see another of the stout folk here in this village. I've seen few enough of our kin since leaving the majesty of the mountain halls..."

Remove ads