Strahd's "RttToEE" CLOSED

Voadam

Legend
"Is your raven strong enough to carry a silk rope up from below? I believe Korbryn had some mountaineering equipment. If we sent down the raven with a note they could then give the rope to the bird."

There is a passage down here.
The voice adds.
Jump into the stream and meet us down here.

Ithiken's raven flies into the underground tunnel, above the streaming water, circles the cave and returns to his master.
Look a Raven.
Lenuran calls to Korbryn and Thandis.

We saw a raven but we can't hear you.
The low toned voice say, a second pass and Yerrn flies back to Ithiken.
[sblock=Elvish]
A human, a gnome and a dwarf are inspecting a big cave, all seems to be all right.
I saw a pool with crabs and a cliff.
[/sblock]

Updated map
The water drained past the hole, I draw the large gap in the floor (J43 to I45)
Beneath the big hole, you see the river, the hole is 5 ft. above B66-C66 squares on the map.
I placed an arrow to mark the direction of the stream.
The three fell from the Hole into the stream, the opposite wall Korbryn and Thandis checked prior to falling still stands, the big hole edges are approximately 30 centimeters from the hole and from the corridor's walls.
The now ruined corridor slope up a little bit, that is why there is still a lot of water back in the tunnel where you came from and near the door.

Attachments

• Moathouse Dungeon level.xls
    37 KB · Views: 63

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Voadam said:
"Is your raven strong enough to carry a silk rope up from below? I believe Korbryn had some mountaineering equipment. If we sent down the raven with a note they could then give the rope to the bird."
Ithiken takes a second to think about this... and shrugs. "I don't know actually... Yerrn and I have never tried that." He turns to his raven that has landed back on his shoulder and asks him in elvish "You think you're strong enough to pull on a silk rope, Yerrn? We're thinking maybe sending you back down there and having them tie off or give you the end of a rope and have you fly back up here with it if possible. You think you can do it?"

Ithiken glances back down into the hole and the rushing water going past it down below. He glances back at his familiar, then turns to Miltiades. "I dunno if he'd be able to... the rope might be too heavy for him, especially if it gets wet and plus trying to get it back through the tunnel down there. That's a big distance."

He looks back into the hole, thinks for a second, then mentions another idea. "How about this? Tell me what you think. We send Yerrn back down there with a note and tell them I'll be appearing at the mouth of the waterfall and to get a rope ready. I'll create a floating disk down in the hole right above the water, then climb down and get on top of it. I'll ride the disk through the tunnel to the opening. Can't go any further than that into the cavern itself, because the disk will disappear if it becomes more than 3 feet above the surface it's floating across. When I get to the mouth, I can use my limited telekinetic power and hopefully be able to lift the end of the silk rope up to me. Once I get it, I'll float back up here and we can tie the rope off... maybe to the doorknob or doorjam or something. How does that sound?"

Assuming Miltiades is okay with the plan, Ithiken writes the note and send Yerrn back down with it. When they are ready with a rope, he'll cast Floating Disk in the tunnel right above the water, climb down onto the disk, and float with it to the waterfall mouth. He'll then cast Mage Hand and lift one end of the rope up to himself, then float back with it to the hole and climb back out. He and Miltiades can then find some way to tie the rope off.

Floating Disk can hold upwards of 400 pounds, lasts for 4 hours, and must remain at least within 3 feet of the surface it rides over. Mage Hand can lift up to 5 pounds at a distance of 35 feet.

Rhun

First Post
While the others discuss their options, Korbryn moves toward the cliff wall containing the other exit. He examines the stone, trying to decide how hard it will be to climb up to the tunnel.

Voadam

Legend
Miltiades nods "I believe evn the lighter weight silk ropes would be too much for a raven, twine would probably be possible but probably nothing much heavier. Your plan sounds good."

[sblock=Raven]
Tiny creature, Str:1, Lift-4 lb. Can't lift the rope.
[/sblock]

Korbryn steps to the cliff and takes a look
The cliff is crude and there are small niches carved by a long timed stream that can be hand and foot holds. Strangely, even some of the fungi can be used as holds, several big fungus are deeply rooted into the earth.
Someone light weighted and agile could climb easily enough and secure a rope for those who carries a lot.
From where you stand, the cliff is 12 ft. high, not as high as the water fall, but the tunnel seems to slope up and disappear into the darkness of the earth, with dwarven commonsense Korbryn thinks the tunnel must slopes towards another exit.

In the meantime, Yerrn flies into the cave again, circling around Lenuran, he drops a note and vanish back above the waterfall.
Ithiken is coming, any one got a rope?
Lenuran asks Thandis and Korbryn
Few seconds later, Ithiken appears above the waterfall, floating on a disk of light.

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The disk of force appears in the hole, right above the rushing water. Ithiken turns to Miltiades and hands him his backpack. "Gotta keep my things dry, right?" he says, smiling. The elf takes a deep breath and sits on the edge of the hole, before sliding off and down onto the disk. He has ridden his floating disks before, but it's always a shock to him when his feet land on pretty much nothing. He drops to his hands and knees, looks down the tunnel to see how much headroom he has, then sprawls out across the disk. "Well, here goes nothing!"

The spray from the water is great, and it's pretty soon that his robes are completely soaked. He looks out ahead and through the droplets of surf that are flying all around him, there is light at the end of the tunnel. He begins concentrating, and slowly the disk slides forward down the tunnel.

After a matter of a few seconds, the disk arrives right at the edge of the tunnel mouth. Here, the spray is even worse as the water crashes against the rocks at the lip, and it's almost impossible to see through all the rushing water. However, when he raises an arm to block much of the spray, he can see the three others twenty feet below. Ithiken can't help but grin that they all appear to be all right.

"Hey guys! Looks like you're all okay!" he shouts above the rushing water. "You have a rope?!? Bring it over this way and I'll try and lift an end of it up to me!" As he waits for one of them to get a rope out, he quickly reviews the short verbal cue and the one simple hand gesture needed to cast his minor telekinetic spell.

Heh heh... this one's child's play compared to the stone to flesh one. Ithiken thinks to himself.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The Kid pulls out some rope, and tosses it up to the elf. "I think Korbyn found a route to explore. Upstairs is a dead end."

Rhun

First Post
Korbryn turns back to his companions. "We should go this way," says the dwarf, pointing to the tunnel some seven feet above his head.

Remove ads