Strange Friends, Part I: Of Mountains & Molehills

Felix

Explorer
Well, I was thinking more along the lines of Cyronax hanging out with Ozzie Smith at the Mystery Spot, but I guess not.

Good to see you're back.

Or, more accurately, good to hear that you are thinking about making an effort to schedule some time for a possible comeback.

Aus

Garreth

First Post
Cy, I must say that I have enjoyed this story hour immensely. Unlike my comrades, I just stuck with a nick that was a thinly veiled disguise of my own part on the story. Mostly because that campaign was the first serious gaming I had done for at least 10 years. Which I think added to the role play because my RP ability coincided with my character¡¦s development in many ways. Most likely why I started neutral, but later found that it was not really to my (character¡¦s) taste.

I do miss the big lug of an orc, comic relief and a fighting porcupine, all in one. His utter randomness and cut through the BS ways are sorely missed. Raise a glass, Aus.

One point that will surely help the readers understand the reason why Garreth Steele, was always coming close to dying and doing stupid $h*t early on, would be more accurate stats in the rogues (so apt) gallery.

Garreth Steele Level 1 Aristocrat
Str. 9, Dex. 16, Con. 8, Int. 14, Wis. 11, Cha. 15
Feats: Expertise, Improved Disarm (never used once)

And it was always a rapier, never a long sword. (I was a dexterous weakling, remember), And Studded Leather (chain was too heavy).

The reason I always died, was the low Con. and hp (7). The reason I always tried: it always worked at home and I could always talk my way out of it if I screwed up, boy was I wrong.

Thanks for retelling the story Cy, and I want more too ļ.

:D

Cyronax

Explorer
the circle is now complete

Garreth said:

Garreth Steele Level 1 Aristocrat
Str. 9, Dex. 16, Con. 8, Int. 14, Wis. 11, Cha. 15
Feats: Expertise, Improved Disarm (never used once)

And it was always a rapier, never a long sword. (I was a dexterous weakling, remember), And Studded Leather (chain was too heavy).

The reason I always died, was the low Con. and hp (7). The reason I always tried: it always worked at home and I could always talk my way out of it if I screwed up, boy was I wrong.

:D

Garreth thanks for the words of praise and the corrections to my tattered and frayed memory.

Of all the PCs, I think that you were the most disadvantaged in typical rule standing from the start. Some of the story hour has shown this i think, but I will say now that I would have jacked up the aristocrat a bit more relative to the other classes. Despite that however, I will say that you realistically made up for given setbacks and used every possible rule, plot, or scheme keep me guessing. That's what made it fun in the end right... :eek: ?

Well anyway, Gar(r)eth's stats, as like most of the PCs and NPCs, were recontructed from my memories of the relative power of each compared to the other. In most cases it seems i've been corrected on the fine details of said info, but the story, in most cases remains accurate i hope. Hopefully private emails can further alleviate any further inconsistencies.......so that i don't further embarassas myself further ;)

Well enough for now (until the update),
C.I.D.

Last edited:

Garreth

First Post
Cy, your memory is as accurate as could be, (being that I still have my character sheet), and it has kept me at full interest for the rest of the story. Which, at this rate, will take us through 9 level (minus a few :p ) and the next few years. If you like I could send you my own notes, but they would be amature next to your own, I am sure.

And be sure to include the spike armor orc and liz. wrestling and one self immolating dwarf. (He finally found a way to get clean).
Those are some of my favorite parts. You can also continue to acurately describe the continuing foly of a certain popus young noble's actions, (none of which I will admit in public, mind you).

BTW. Cy, ni yinggai hui gei wo email, hao bu hao. Huozhe wo hui shasi ni bu ke. :mad: . That goes for you other guys too. you know the address 'my name "in" the country i live in'@hotmail.com

Remove ads