• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strange Lands brings Scarred Lands line to a close

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
First off, my condolences to Nightfall. :(

I too am disappointed with the ending of this setting (at least until Nightfall convinces S&SS to sell him the rights to it), but there is a lot of good stuff out there. I have no plans to end my campaign in the Scarred Lands anytime soon, and since we are down to playing about four times per year, I should have enough material to last for many, many years.

I guess its time to start saving my milk money and pick up all the supplements that I have not bought yet and am at least somewhat interested in.

PJ-Mason

First Post
Keeper of Secrets said:
On the other hand, I am glad that just about every product was top notch and now it can retire with dignity and grace, giving GMs the tools they need without bogging them down and getting fat and ugly and silly (like Elvis or Forgotten Realms).

Well, there are plenty of us who think they already accomplished that. We argue about which book put the final pound on the bloated carcas, though. Personally, i think it was all the books that came after the gazeteer. :heh:

Has anyone actually seen Nightfall since this announcement. I mean we have been talking of the impending doom for a while now, but the shock of the actual statement could have done something to our Scarred Lands Guru. We should go find him or something.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Well, this totally sucks, but not entirely 'news'. The rumors were flying fast for quite sometime. :\ :(

I have to admit some of the product choices left me wondering. Why start on another continent so soon when so much of the main continent wasn't a bit more developed.

Regardless, it's still a great setting, lots of things to do, fabulous support already available and I don't doubt that there might be some 'official' fan-supported sites where we can continue to develop the setting through net-books and what not.

So, let's grieve quickly and see how soon someone can the ok to start fan based material without getting into trouble.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Sad news to have it confirmed. SL was a great setting in the beginning, though it went convoluted towards the end.

I'll certainly pick up this last book though.

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
PJ-Mason said:
Well, there are plenty of us who think they already accomplished that. We argue about which book put the final pound on the bloated carcas, though. Personally, i think it was all the books that came after the gazeteer. :heh:

Sure. That is a fair criticism but I guess what you can take out of my post at this point is that it won't get any worse now, will it? ;)

PJ-Mason

First Post
Keeper of Secrets said:
Sure. That is a fair criticism but I guess what you can take out of my post at this point is that it won't get any worse now, will it? ;)

LOL. True enough. Wanna take bets as to how long it will take Eberron to get to this point? :p

Psion

Adventurer
PJ-Mason said:

Well, I think Calastia was the point at which my interest started to wane, but I blame that on the book. I think the class guides was the point at which I decided I simply could not keep up.

Has anyone actually seen Nightfall since this announcement.

He posted a different thread last night. He scooped you all. ;)

Last edited:

PJ-Mason

First Post
Psion said:
Well, I think Calastia was the point at which my interest started to wane, but I blame that on the book. I think the class guides was the point at which I decided I simply could not keep ut.

For me Hollowfaust was the only book that really came through with how cool the setting was SUPPOSED to be.

Psion said:
He posted a different thread last night. He scooped you all. ;)

Ah good. So he is working it out. Thats good. It could a facade, though. He might be all broken up for real and all. Maybe we should make a support group or something for him? Or at least plan an intervention or something. I got a van. :cool:

Turanil

First Post
Just a question: all in all, how many supplements were produced specifically for the Scarred Lands setting? People complain that it disappears, but I guess there must be more than 12 or 15 hardcover books of more than 200 pages, and on various subjects, for the Scarred Lands? (a great deal of money to invest, and hours of gaming huh?)

Remove ads