D&D 5E Strategies for Big Parties

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I'm not sure I would have ever agreed to run that size of a group... to me the optimal group size is 3-4 players.

VTT? What's that?

I had to google to confirm, but I believe it's Virtual Table Top. I have very little experience when it comes to that type of play I'm afraid.

G

Guest 6801328

I was misled by the title of this thread. It's not nearly as much fun as I'd hoped.

Then again, I thought "Eldritch Blast" should be:
"You throw a house-burner of a party. Questionable figures from across seven planes show up. Roll Constitution..."

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I was misled by the title of this thread. It's not nearly as much fun as I'd hoped.

Then again, I thought "Eldritch Blast" should be:
"You throw a house-burner of a party. Questionable figures from across seven planes show up. Roll Constitution..."
Seriously! 20+ posts in and no one mentioned the #1 strategy for a big party is not to let anyone bogart the entire stash.

Horwath

Legend
1st. more mobs, mooks and hirelings. Not higher level mobs as PC's wont have the tools to deal with high level threat.
2nd. ask players for some cooperation to stay away from class options that give minions, summons, companions, special mounts and trained battle animals. you don't need 16 sets of actions each turn.
3rd. least favorite. add time limit for players turn. lets say 10 seconds to think of an action. If no action is taken, character takes dodge action.
4th use AoE agains party. 3rd level fireball(if half the party makes the save) will 168 damage on average to party health pool.

IMO, I would rather have 4 gestalt PC's than regular 8. quite less powerfull and less demanding to manage.

Remove ads