D&D 5E Strixhaven Pre-Order Details

More details of Strixhaven Curriculum of Chaos have emerged on D&D Beyond. Owlin are in, and there is a built-in 1-10 campaign composed of four separate adventures, each spanning a single school year, and taking the PCs from first-year students through to graduation.

637587668398315568.jpeg

THE SCHOOL OF MAGIC IS IN SESSION

The greatest minds in the multiverse meet at Strixhaven University. Professors convey fantastic secrets to eager students, and life on campus is frenetic. But danger lurks even here. Campus hijinks mix with mishaps and sinister plots, and it’s up to you to save the day.

Strixhaven™: A Curriculum of Chaos introduces the fantastical setting of Strixhaven University, drawn from the multiverse of MAGIC: THE GATHERING, and provides rules for creating characters who are students in one of its five colleges. Characters can explore the setting over the course of four adventures, which can be played together or on their own. Each adventure describes an academic year filled with scholarly pursuits, campus shenanigans, exciting friendships, hidden dangers, and perhaps even romance. This book includes a poster map that shows Strixhaven’s campuses on one side and location maps on the other.
  • New player character options including feats and a new background in the Character Builder
  • Includes new spells and magical items to use in your campaigns
  • Play through the book’s multiyear campaign, beginning as first-year students who study, socialize, and adventure their way to graduation.
  • Includes four adventures that can be played as stand-alones or woven together to create one campaign taking players from level 1 to level 10.
  • Encounter over forty magical, mysterious creatures and NPCs in the bestiary to battle in the Encounter builder and Combat tracker
  • Create new characters with the new player race, the owlin, one of the owlfolk who study at the university in the character builder
  • Experience Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering in new ways through the academic challenges, extracurricular activities and jobs, and relationships explored on campus.
  • Strixhaven can easily be dropped into any D&D world or campaign with the provided rules for adventuring as a student of magic.

This purchase unlocks the contents of this adventure for use with D&D Beyond, including the book in digital format in the game compendium and access options from the book in the searchable listings, encounter builder, character builder, and digital character sheet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Witchlight was marketed as an adventure from the very beginning. I'm honestly surprised we're getting this many character options and setting info in an adventure book.
Witchlight was always an adventure, yeah sure, but I was referring to the five subclasses that were cut from the Strixhaven book and the four adventures that are apparently going to be in it.

I don't mind adventure books, just keep your adventure out of my setting book... ;)

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Witchlight was marketed as an adventure from the very beginning. I'm honestly surprised we're getting this many character options and setting info in an adventure book.
I think that’s going to be the standard model for the foreseeable future - every book coming with a mix of character options, DM options, and lore/setting material.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Witchlight was always an adventure, yeah sure, but I was referring to the five subclasses that were cut from the Strixhaven book and the four adventures that are apparently going to be in it.

I don't mind adventure books, just keep your adventure out of my setting book... ;)
I much prefer setting books to have sample adventures in them. Gives you something to do with the setting right out of the box.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Please not another Feywild book! I mean, this one looks like it might be okay, but hopefully we get something else. LOL
I'm with you, I don't want another Feywild book.

However, I am anxiously awaiting the first Feywild setting book for 5e from WotC, so hopefully that will be it.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm with you, I don't want another Feywild book.

However, I am anxiously awaiting the first Feywild setting book for 5e from WotC, so hopefully that will be it.
They've compared Witchlight to Strahd multiple times today already. It would certainly be plausible if that's, in part, because they know there's a Van Richten's counterpart coming soon. We've already gotten some basics on how Domains of Delight work, which seems like a lot of stuff to work on if you're only going to be seeing one of them.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
They've compared Witchlight to Strahd multiple times today already. It would certainly be plausible if that's, in part, because they know there's a Van Richten's counterpart coming soon. We've already gotten some basics on how Domains of Delight work, which seems like a lot of stuff to work on if you're only going to be seeing one of them.

Strongheart's Studies on the Feywild?

1626492046826.png

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases