Level Up (A5E) stronghold question

musashi_san

Villager
the house stronghold says this:
House

A house provides you and your party a safe place to live. Houses range from small dwellings to opulent palaces filled with ballrooms and banquet halls. When out adventuring, you are able to bring with you some of the comforts of home.

Stronghold Feat: The urge to return to your home can help embolden the hearts of everyone who travels with you. You and your allies gain advantage on saving throws made against forced marches when on a journey to return to your house.
At Grade 2, once per week you and your party may gain the benefit of a long rest by taking a short rest. A creature cannot benefit from this more than once a week.
I read this like at grade 2 you get a LR for the time of a SR once per week, while on the road. You don't have to be in the house to get this, right?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
the house stronghold says this:

I read this like at grade 2 you get a LR for the time of a SR once per week, while on the road. You don't have to be in the house to get this, right?
You get it whether you're on the road or not.

musashi_san

Villager
that's the opposite. you can do it on the road and you don't have to be in the house, I think.
my narrator was leaning otherwise, i.e. that that only applies in the house. which seems silly. if I'm in the house a LR is not hard...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
that's the opposite. you can do it on the road and you don't have to be in the house, I think.
my narrator was leaning otherwise, i.e. that that only applies in the house. which seems silly. if I'm in the house a LR is not hard...
You get it wherever you are, whether in the house or on the road. You get it everywhere.

Pedantic

Legend
Strongholds essentially provide some kind of character/party buff through their existence via stronghold feats, in addition to being a physical place that exists with physical traits.

Remove ads