Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

Geoff

First Post
Aesthetic Monk said:
The thing that surprised me, more than Perry, was Weber. Where did Weber get gravitas? Most unexpected.

I gotta agree, Weber was playing a real prick; an unexpected departure for sure.

Overall, I enjoyed the first episode but seeing as how it was really a setup show it will be interesting to see how things develop now that Perry and Whitford are running Studio 60.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Aesthetic Monk said:
As the subject matter in S60 is lighter, the speeches should be a bit less frequent. I'll tune in tonight, anyway.

Sure didn't seem that way to me in the pilot. Religion, censorship and drugs were major issues and nothing felt light at all to me. Maybe things will change but all those issues seemed like long term recurring things.

eris404

Explorer
Although I liked the pilot overall, I have to say that it seems a lot like Sorkin's soapbox. I have a feeling he's wanted to deliver that "53 seconds" speech for several years now...

Silver Moon

Adventurer
From what I hear they are just burning off two previously filmed episodes this week and next week. It has definitely not been renewed for another season.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
At least we get all the last episodes, which is a kinder fate than most cancelled shows get. What's funny is that the network's two attempts to replace it on Monday night fared even worse.

Sigdel

First Post
They just advertised 6 new episodes. Since it was pulled I've been keeping an eye on the NBC messege boards and NBC never canceled it but put it in limbo. As much as I would like S60 to have a good run of several seasons I cant help but feel that if it can't do well enough following NBC top rated show then their is no hope. It's like all the shows Comedy Central plugs in after Southpark. If they still suck, they scrap em.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sigdel said:
They just advertised 6 new episodes. Since it was pulled I've been keeping an eye on the NBC messege boards and NBC never canceled it but put it in limbo. As much as I would like S60 to have a good run of several seasons I cant help but feel that if it can't do well enough following NBC top rated show then their is no hope. It's like all the shows Comedy Central plugs in after Southpark. If they still suck, they scrap em.
If they haven't officially canceled Studio 60 then they're putting it on the reserve list (i.e., midseason replacement).

Remove ads