• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Stuff from your favorite edition you DON'T want in Next

dnlas

First Post
balance between crossbow and bow(3.X)

druid's ability-free wild shape (3E), big-but-squishy wild shape (PF) and skin-change wild shape(4E)
:)
druid's animal companion (3.X)

ranger's favored enemy (3.X)

Summoner(PF)

Zireael

Explorer
My fav edition is 3.x.
1) I want the supplement frenzy gone. And the feats/classes completely invalidated by later supplements.
2) I want the CR gone.
3) I want the multitude of options gone. There were simply TOO many of these, and many much worse than others.

triqui

Adventurer
Xmas tree (starting by Ye Old Magic Shop and magic item crafting, and finishing with stacking spells)
System mastery requirement to avoid making characters that suck (ie: trap choices)
SAD characters with dump stats (you should be able to dump a stat if you want, but it should bring a real penalty)

timASW

Banned
Banned
I would like every "pet" from every class with one taken out, stood over old yellers grave and shot, then fed to zombies.

As an optional mechanic that you spend a feat on, and is relative in power to other feats, sure let some classes have a pet. I would even accept of they were on par with a wizards familiar, which has always had the right power level IMO, but recently classes like Druid, ranger, summoner have been defined more by their pet then their character. Thats a problem.

For every broad, interesting topic discussing <game> mechanics, application and theory to inevitably devolve into the same laser-like focused <edition> war.

However, I suppose that if you exchanged the words in < > for other topics of interest, you would basically be describing the vast majority of internet forum dialogue.

So maybe I'm asking for less axes to grind, less jilted lover behavior, less demagoguery on the internet. I'm sure that will work out!

If I can't have that though, how about a core book that has every single class/race/prestige class possible so that people who have a favorite class won't feel left at the altar. It will probably be 5,352 pages and cost a king's ransom but so be it.

Oh, and although I don't personally use them, it seems that adventure writing is extremely important for a large contingent of the player base. I can't recall reading too many adventures in the past 15 years, but I guess its been particularly bad as of late? If that could be good, it would seem to be a swell idea as it appears that its something of a "getting to know you" gateway for a great many people.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads