Stuff That Happens in Game You Never Expected

MGibster

Legend
I'm running Vampire 5E chronicle and my players were kind of in a sticky situation. They were commanded by the Prince to take a census of all the thin-bloods in the city and force them to submit to having their bodies tattooed. Now the Prince didn't tell them how to accomplish this but they decided to go the gentle route by offering the thin-bloods a $5,000 bribe, a promise of "protection," and the alternative of leaving the city or execution.

The Sheriff is going to pay the coterie a visit to find out why they haven't finished with the census yet. They've heard rumors that he's pissed off in general and has been beating the tar out of vampires for relatively minor infractions. I ask my players what their characters are doing to prepare for the meeting and the Ventrue gave me the best answer.

Ventrue Player: I prepare a Power Point presentation for the Sheriff to explain the beginning of the project, where we are now, and our projected date of closure.

Me: Uh, roll Manipulate + Technology.

So let's make this clear. We're playing an exciting game where each of the player characters is a monster trying survive the Anarch/Camarilla divide and avoid being murdered by the Second Inquisition all the while desperately clinging to whatever shred of humanity they have left. And we're role playing a Power Point presentation?

It seemed appropriate but it was hilarious.

Remove ads