• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestion for Monte's Next Event Book

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
EricNoah said:
How about a general "We're going to blow up the world" book? The book for totally trashing the current campaign world.

I can lend you my party if you wish to that.

His next book will be what happens if the party failed getting that darn pie away from that orc.

Dark Psion

First Post
How about the Library of Forbiden Knowledge,
or what happens after the DM gets the Psionic Handbook, the Epic Level Handbook,or the BoVD?

How does introducing the next big book into a campaign affect the rest of the world?

EricNoah

Adventurer
WanderingMonster said:

Laugh if you will, but I think the After School Special Event Book would be a hot seller.

Oh I will laugh. Don't you worry about that, little missy.

And for some reason I have in my mind Gary Coleman running out of a classroom in tears...

Bugaboo

First Post
A "very special" after-school session of Dungeons & Dragons?

"But all the other wizards are dabbling in the dark arts. I thought it would be cool..."

omedon

First Post
My vote for an "Event Book". Is the greatest miracle of them all...

BIRTH!

What to do if your PC becomes pregnant? What if your PC gets an NPC pregnant? Just what share of the parties treasure ends up going to pay for child support? What do you do if the mother is a dragon?

and in contrast with Requiem for a God... how about Baby Shower for a God?

What happens when a new god suddenly enters the cosmos? What kind of nutty stuff happens when it has temper tantrums during it's terrible two's? If a god has a still birth do you end up with that thing in the Epic Level handbook?

And to avoid offending anyone (though I don't know who would be offended, but just to be safe, there have been enough flames on these boards lately) I won't mention the last part of my idea, but let you ponder it yourselves. On the subject of baby gods just think of what Monte could come up with in place of the God's Blood feats. :p

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
WanderingMonster said:
I'm tired of these events on large scale. I want something on a more personal level. Screw Requiem for a God, I want Are you there gods? It's me, Mialee.

Laugh if you will, but I think the After School Special Event Book would be a hot seller.

[taunt]
I got my period, and you guys didn't!
[/taunt]

thundershot

Adventurer
AegisEversoaring said:

An excellent idea, a book detailing how to add/remove some major element in the game world. Massive arcane discoveries, magical level shifts, divine decrees, or the sudden appearance of psionic creatures/NPCs/Objects.

-Aegis-

That'd be interesting to have a campaign style based off of the 80's TV/Comic/Toy line Visionaries. A technological world has everything suddenly STOP. And things plunge into chaos, and the main characters have to learn to use magic... They each have an animal totem that they can change into, and each has a staff that gives them special abilities. I always loved Leoric's owl staff..

Leoric (who is magically aged): "I'm old... and feeble..."
Owl: "And stupid."

Chris

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
My campaign right now revolves around a meteor that hit ages ago and destroyed all human civilization on earth...

...and made it possible for elves, dwarves, and Tarrasques to evolve, of course. :)

And it's all linked to a great World Tree, the provider of life to the plants of the world...and a certain spirit....

mwahahaha.

Remove ads