D&D General Suggestion short(ish) Thieves Guild scenario

CapnZapp

Legend
My player's character is level 4 and has the ambition to take over the local Thieves Guild.
The Bunyip Club in Pathfinder's city of Sandpoint, to be precise. But that should not be important.

Any D&D scenario (Pathfinder, AD&D...) that I could use as inspiration most appreciated.

I'm specifically looking for existing material that can serve as inspiration on a cool twist or story idea, so it's less by-the-numbers (impress leader; be admitted to "inner circle"; seduce/intimidate/bribe lieutenants; assassinate leader; profit).

Scenario does not have to revolve specifically around "leadership" - that is: give me your best thieves guild ideas and let me decide if I can use 'em! :)

CapnZapp

Legend
It has a section on Rogues and does the lieutenants concept really well and makes them easy to play/use in a 5e game.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you - I am not familiar with the product - but I'm not looking for a "lieutenant subclass" or a general resource on how thieves organize or something like that.

I'm looking for an existing scenario/adventure featuring a nice little Thieves Guild kind of organization which I can steal adopt for my own campaign :)

Den of Thieves from 2e AD&D was a good resource as well for you to look through.
Thanks

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you - I am not familiar with the product - but I'm not looking for a "lieutenant subclass" or a general resource on how thieves organize or something like that.

I'm looking for an existing scenario/adventure featuring a nice little Thieves Guild kind of organization which I can steal adopt for my own campaign :)

Thanks
Strongholds and followers has 5e mechanics for the simplified running of things "not-PC" in an organization. So if your player wanted to have some control over specific people in the organization, that would be a fun way for them to create their lieutenants in the guild as they grow in power, etc. Just an idea. It's a great book and you should check it out either way :)

I'm trying to think of other resources that have existing thieves' guilds, but I'm blanking at the moment. I'm sure more will come to me thoguh.

aco175

Legend
What was the 2e module- maybe Thieves Guild. It broke down a typical guild and had NPCs that led each avenue of the business. Some people were in charge of gambling while others has extortion or fencing. It even listed allies to the guild like a cleric who would heal them and a guard that would look the other way.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
iirc Green Ronin did Thieves World D20 for 3e

I see reference to a new set of products called Ebonclad too which appears to be a sopurcebook and adventuresfor a Theives Guild

aco175

Legend
This:

1571970325009.png

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It would require a little bit of work to adapt (since this isn't an actual module per se) but the video game Baldur's Gate 2 has a Thieve's Guild as a stronghold for thief characters. The wiki for the game outlines the couple events for the scenario HERE and thus may or may not be useful for you for ideas.

Remove ads