Summon: MTG Experts!

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I've been enjoying what I've opened and collected. Went to a pre-release; ended up buying a set booster box which probably netted me 90% of the cards in the base set. I'm not super picky about the various special cards -- just having all the characters in some form and enough cards to make some thematic decks is fine. I'm going to try a Jumpstart sealed event next weekend for the "LotR Celebration". After that I may pick up some individual cards to fill in some gaps in my collection.

I think I can have some fun with the LotR sets. Though it seems like 60- and 100-card sets are huge; this game needs a 40-card constructed format (limit to 1 or 2 should cover it, I think).
You could try jumpstart too.

Well, if you were hoping the crack the Million dollar card, sadly

What's funny is that the price of Collector boosters is already tanking in response.

Anyone who bought them at that price was crazy, I bet a ton of money was lost, how did they not see that coming once the One Ring was found.

Not the WotC cares, they likely made their fortune already.

So I had a lot of fun at the Jumpstart event today -- very good format for a brand new player. Got some good rares to fill out my collection, and a Nazgul that was worth more than the cost of the two Jumpstart boosters. Plus some nice LotR dice ... who doesn't like dice, even if they are cheap?

Played and won a Commander game too, making food and sucking my opponent's life away when I did so.. That was fun -- but very complicated with lots of triggers. I'll have to play some more games with that deck (Hobbit / Food & Fellowship).

Remove ads