Sunday AM: Indie By Storm -- CANCELLED

AdamDray

Explorer
:( Cancelled on account of no one signing up. I don't want to drive in on Sunday if no one is going to be there. Or maybe I can get into one of the OSR events now.

The formula: Four fast-paced hours, five dark indie games, six or more enthusiastic players.

The idea: A taste of a handful of fantastic games, all with a dark twist. We'll play each game for about a half hour--just enough time to get an idea of how it plays.

The games:

My Life with Master. Gothic horror. You're a desperate minion of a terribly evil Master, doing his or her bidding against your will. The person doing the terrible things is you.

Annalise. Modern supernatural horror. Something is stalking you. In this game, you play the victims, not the vampires.

Dogs in the Vineyard. Mythical wild west. You're a teenager, one of the Chosen who ride from town to town to judge sinners. You have a reliable horse, a cool coat, and a gun.

Misspent Youth. Dystopian sci-fi punk. The Authority have effed up the world and are only gonna make it worse. You're still young enough not to be brainwashed or to have sold out. Will you stand up? (Happily handles 8 or more players, so stop in.)

carry, a game about war. Vietnam War drama. You're an Army soldier serving in 'Nam. Sometimes you fight. Sometimes you just pass the time with the rest of your squad. It's always dangerous. (Happily handles 8 or more players, so stop in.)

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
Uh, no one signed up for my event in over a week. Including you. ;)
Yeah, that happens -- just ask Daniel :)

I think what worked against this most is that most folks had already decided what they wanted to play before you posted the game (the day sign-ups began), and we've not gotten as many late registrants as we usually do, although those still might happen -- last week before the event ALWAYS sees new people add on, and current people drop out, including GMs.

Remove ads