Survey (A5E) Survey Results #1: Broad Outlines

clearstream

(He, Him)
You do not want
  • Social combat mechanically represented
I feel there could be room for expanding on how social interactions work, so as to define or reveal more space for nuance in the various gifts etc. Not social combat, but a more complete - advanced if you will - discussion of the mechanics already in place.

I don't want social combat, but i would like a social resources system.

D&d to me is more of a respurces management game than a conflict game. I'd like a system of influence and favours thst could be used. Perhaps going on a quest earns a minor favour from the regional duke, and a minor favour has a suggest list of things it could entail. Perhaps your influence rises within certain groups or even locations, so you can ask strangers of things that they never would have even entertained before. Perhaps your deeds create enemies and they seek to discredit you.

I don't want a detailed rigid structure to do this, but a playtested system of resource tracking that is informative without being overly restrictive would be welcomed at my table.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
I don't want social combat, but i would like a social resources system.

D&d to me is more of a respurces management game than a conflict game. I'd like a system of influence and favours thst could be used. Perhaps going on a quest earns a minor favour from the regional duke, and a minor favour has a suggest list of things it could entail. Perhaps your influence rises within certain groups or even locations, so you can ask strangers of things that they never would have even entertained before. Perhaps your deeds create enemies and they seek to discredit you.

I don't want a detailed rigid structure to do this, but a playtested system of resource tracking that is informative without being overly restrictive would be welcomed at my table.
the stargate rpg has an interesting social resource where you get your best of int/cha/wis mod & everyone involved spends a point each round from the start to start (among other reasons) in diplomancyish situations. If bob wasn't spending it from he start he's not able to jump in & try his luck after alice flubs it& alice can only drg it on for so long

DM_Karth

First Post
I didn't see this effort before today. Looking it over, I'd be strongly on the pro side of having at least a sketch of rules for 20+ level and full fledged Psionics in the core, to be followed up (simultaneously, or very soon after) by dedicated full length core add-on books. I'd happily pay for those. Also, the multi-class options in the existing core are very blah and sort of arm's length treatments - like it was something they didn't really want to deal with. I'd like to see something written by someone who actually likes and approves of multiclassing...

Faolyn

(she/her)
I didn't see this effort before today. Looking it over, I'd be strongly on the pro side of having at least a sketch of rules for 20+ level and full fledged Psionics in the core, to be followed up (simultaneously, or very soon after) by dedicated full length core add-on books. I'd happily pay for those. Also, the multi-class options in the existing core are very blah and sort of arm's length treatments - like it was something they didn't really want to deal with. I'd like to see something written by someone who actually likes and approves of multiclassing...
I asked; they're not including psionics in the core book.

UKI

Villager
Interesting results, i agree with a lot of things in the survey, and add some things like revised dual wielding system and remove the caps, and revised use of AC, but very interesting :)

Remove ads