• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Survivor Core Races: HALF-ELF WINS

Mavkatzer

Explorer
Dwarf 23
Elf 17
Half-elf 27
Half-orc 11 (-3)
Halfling 6 (+1) For the Shire! Because I will always see them as, and call them, Hobbits.
Human 22

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Dwarf 20 Dwarves, what are they? what is the point?
Elf 17
Half-elf 27
Half-orc 11
Halfling 7 A vote for the little people.
Human 22

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Dwarf 20
Elf 14 Too many flavours, all taste the same.
Half-elf 27
Half-orc 12. More than a backstory.
Halfling 7
Human 22

Valador

First Post
Dwarf 21
Elf 13
Half-elf 27
Half-orc 12
Halfling 4
Human 17

I dislike Elves and their superiority complex and the fact there's fifty variations of the same damn thing...

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Dwarf 22
Elf 10

Half-elf 27
Half-orc 12
Halfling 4
Human 17

I honestly don't really much like--in the sense of "yay I can play an X!"--any of the remaining races, but of the lot...dwarf is probably the best thematically. Although it also verges on "laundry list of features," a lot of them are fluffier, so I can give that a pass. But yeah, down with the Elves, as before, though I'll be honest--I don't see the "all of them are the same" thing, and I also find it super ironic that the Eladrin were the second to fall...and they were split away from elves to try to make them different. Guess there's just no pleasing people when it comes to elves, either they're not special enough for the fans, or they're too special for the un-fans. :p

Surprised to see Human fall so far--last I saw, they were 10 points higher than they are now. I'm glad Dragonborn managed to survive as long as they did; they still get (and got) a lot of antipathy, but only a hair less than Tieflings--and a damn sight less than Drow, which have been around for-bloody-ever.

Remove ads