D&D 5E SURVIVOR - D&D Tie-Ins - Single-Player Computer Games Win!

Dausuul

Legend
Merchandising! Merchandising! Where the real money from D&D is made!

Going in a different direction from the last few Survivors, this one is between the many, many tie-in products that have been produced for D&D over the years. Only officially licensed tie-ins count; Xykon may have muscled his way into the Lich Wars thread, but OotS doesn't get a place at this table. Also, I'm not counting anything which is part of D&D itself; dice, sourcebooks, the Dragon and Dungeon magazines, etc.

As usual, you get one upvote (+1) and one downvote (-2) per day. (If Movies survives long enough for me to downvote it twice, I will be deeply disappointed in the ENWorld community.) Have at it!

Novels - 15
Examples: Dragonlance Chronicles, Dark Elf trilogy
TV Show - 15
Example: The D&D cartoon
Movies - 15
Examples: Dragons of Autumn Twilight, any movie named “Dungeons and Dragons”
Board Games - 15
Examples: Wrath of Ashardalon, Temple of Elemental Evil
Collectible Games - 15
Examples: D&D Miniatures, Spellfire, Dragon Dice
Single-Player Computer Games - 15
Examples: Baldur’s Gate, Planescape: Torment, Bioware’s Neverwinter Nights
MMOs - 15
Examples: D&D Online, the original Neverwinter Nights on AOL
Comics - 15
Examples: IDW’s Dungeons and Dragons comic, Tempest’s Gate, not unlicensed fan comics such as OotS
Miscellaneous - 15
Examples: Toys, the official D&D soundtrack which is apparently a thing, all the weird stuff TSR got up to in its death throes

Last edited:

Dausuul

Legend
Novels - 15
TV Show - 15
Movies - 13 - We all know these have to go.
Board Games - 15
Collectible Games - 15
Single-Player Computer Games - 16 - Very fond memories of some of these.
MMOs - 15
Comics - 15
Miscellaneous - 15

Last edited:

Duan'duliir

Devil of Chance
Novels - 15
TV Show - 13
Movies - 13
Board Games - 15
Collectible Games - 15
Single-Player Computer Games - 16
MMOs - 16 - DDO is a great MMO, though I'm not a fan of Neverwinter Online, and I'm not aware of any others, so I'll only be upvoting this one every other day
Comics - 15
Miscellaneous - 15

OB1

Jedi Master
Novels - 13
TV Show - 13
Movies - 11
Board Games - 15
Collectible Games - 15
Single-Player Computer Games - 17
MMOs - 16
Comics - 15
Miscellaneous - 16

Great survivor thread idea! Here's hoping the next movie bucks the trend of all that has come before. So many fantastic SPCG's over the years, from Pools of Radiance to Baulder's Gate, but beyond that, how many other countless video games were inspired by the mechanics of D&D?

Sacrosanct

Legend
Novels - 13
TV Show - 13
Movies - 11
Board Games - 15
Collectible Games - 13
MMOs - 16
Comics - 15
Miscellaneous - 17

Oh man, the toys were the best. I really miss those days. And of course the TSR AD&D Minis boxed sets were the bomb. Also, to this day, I still use the official AD&D paint pots. Best paint pots I've ever used.

Last edited:

Dausuul

Legend
I know how the new official minis are collectible, but the AD&D minis were not, and probably fit under your miscellaneous section. That's how I voted anyway.
Strictly speaking, the AD&D minis wouldn't be considered a tie-in at all. They're like dice and character sheets; part of D&D itself. The DDM line only counts because of the skirmish game.

ccs

41st lv DM
Strictly speaking, the AD&D minis wouldn't be considered a tie-in at all. They're like dice and character sheets; part of D&D itself. The DDM line only counts because of the skirmish game.

I disagree. They were just "extra" 3rd party stuff you could use in your games. It was just Ral Partha using the AD&D & TSR logos under license to make another buck. They definitely fall into the Misc. category.

Novels - 13
TV Show - 13
Movies - 9
Board Games - 15
Collectible Games - 13
MMOs - 16
Comics - 15
Miscellaneous - 18

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?491346-SURVIVOR-D-amp-D-Tie-Ins!#ixzz4M2bMiatH

JonnyP71

Explorer
Novels - 13
TV Show - 13
Movies - 7
Board Games - 15
Collectible Games - 13
Single-Player Computer Games - 18
MMOs - 16
Comics - 15
Miscellaneous - 18

Remove ads