Survivor Iconic Cities- GREYHAWK WINS!

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Another disappointing but utterly unsurprising win for the grognards, even though it looked close there for a second. At least the title kind of fits this time.

So now that Birthright*, Blackmoor and Greyhawk all have wins, all that leaves is Mystara, Lankhmar, and Dragonlance, right? Then maybe we can finally move out of the 80's?

(To be fair, Birthright was released in 1995, but it feels very Grognardy)

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Another disappointing but utterly unsurprising win for the grognards, even though it looked close there for a second. At least the title kind of fits this time.

So now that Birthright*, Blackmoor and Greyhawk all have wins, all that leaves is Mystara, Lankhmar, and Dragonlance, right? Then maybe we can finally move out of the 80's?

Next ones should be:
- Survivor Dragonborn color
- Survivor Halfling Head Size
- Survivor Elven Subrace
- Survivor Raven Queen
- Survivor Tiefling over-representation in a D&D manual

Lets create our own Survivor Threads with hookers and blackjack. :p

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Are people still using "grognard" as a pejorative? In 2018?

Ah well. I guess I'd rather be stuck in the 1980s than stuck in 2008. ;)

I dont think its pejorative. Its affectionate, just like with my grandfathers: I love them even though they support a hockey team that left our town 32 years ago.

And to be honest the term ''Elderly player'' or ''Third-age Forum goer'' somehow sounds off. :p

AriochQ

Adventurer
Are people still using "grognard" as a pejorative? In 2018?

Ah well. I guess I'd rather be stuck in the 1980s than stuck in 2008. ;)

Two friend and I have started a D&D/Gaming related podcast entitled "The Grognards". We don't view it as a pejorative :) I can be found on iTunes and Soundcloud under the LAG Network if anyone is interested.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon

I would have laughed so hard if the City of Brass had won. Everyone's heard about it, no one has ever been! It was one neg vote away too....

Remove ads