Swamp Trek III: The Search for Ter-raen

covaithe

Explorer
Gildrim emerges from the Red Dragon, resolve bolstered by new companions.

[sblock=ooc]This is a continuation of the events in Urn Your Pay. [/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Thorne's place is in th' north end ay Merchand's Avenue," says Gildrim, and heads off in that direction, looking not entirely unlike a man heading to his own execution.

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

Weel comes scrambling out of the Red Dragon Inn shortly after Gildrim. He runs to catch up, and as he skids to a halt at his new companion's side, he bumps his chin on his breastplate, slightly off-kilter from the run. The cleric blushes slightly as he re-adjusts the armor so that it sits correctly--and more firmly--in place.

"Just got this, you see," he mutters sheepishly. At which point he finally notices Gildrim's expression.

"Well, now, surely it can't be all that bad?" he tries by way of spirit-raising. Then he swallows audibly. "Can it?"

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard is glad he'd already buckled his blade into place, though he eyes his other companions' armor a bit jealously - just for a moment - as he strides into place alongside the Dwarf.
Taking up the encouragement, the youngish human intones,
"I'm sure he'll see the truth of your words, and from what you said he won't be likely to use magic recklessly, he's a merchant after all, they live by their reputations!"
The fighter tries a reassuring smile, though he wonders at the same time what he's gotten himself into.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Och, ye're richt, ye're richt. But yet Ah've tae gie an accoont ay ivery thing Ah've duin ill in th' lest fortnicht, an' that's nae sae easy for my pride."

Gildrim shakes his head.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Has everyone posted here who's coming along? I thought I saw at least one more person leave the tavern for this adventure. Did I miscount?

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Ok, I think I've got this figured out now. Onward!

Unlike the busier southern portions of Merchant's Avenue, the northern part is calm, elegant, sophisticated. The buildings, originally utilitarian, have been ornamented and accented in subtle but unmistakeably expensive ways. The guards patrol here frequently; constantly, even, and their equipment is always shining and in perfect repair.

Alvar Thorne's offices are long and low, with green courtyards and small galleries of fruit trees. They are short, not built tall like many of the other buildings here. This seeming frugality is curious, until you recall that the land itself here must be vastly expensive, and building sparsely is itself a kind of understated extravagance.

An area of flowers and greenery is in front of the main building, surrounded by a low brick wall. An open gate in the wall leads through the garden via a cobblestoned path, to a set of sturdy oak doors. Alvar Thorne's name is embossed on a brass plaque above the doors.

[sblock=Karl]The area where Gildrim leads the group is well patrolled by alert guards, and not heavily trafficked. Attempting to follow them unobserved here will be difficult.

ooc: If you want to follow them unobserved, tell me how you're going to go about it, with the appropriate check. E.g., if you're going to try to brazen it out and walk right down the street like you have business here and hope none of them look back, give a bluff check. If you're going to try to sneak through the shadows and stay completely unobserved, give hide and move silently checks. If you do something else, try to come up with the appropriate checks.
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=for the dm only!]Karl will brazenly walk dow the street like he is doing business there. while walking there will choose a business say, a silver smith, that he will be looking for if stopped.

bluff check:
1d20+1=18

(wow! Luck is with me!)[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim looks to left and right at his companions, takes a deep breath, and raps smartly on the door, leaving a small muddy mark.

Remove ads