D&D 4E Switching from 4E to Pathfinder. Conversion advice?

thundershot

Adventurer
Okay, after some thinking and typing, here's what I've got for the Elves and Eladrin:

4E PF ELVES:
+2 Dex, +2 Wis, -2 Con
Add "Fey Blood: Elves count as both Fey and Humanoids for the purposes of effects that target type."
Subtract Longswords and Rapiers from their "Weapon Familiarity".
Replace "Elven Magic" with "Woodcraft" per the APG.

Now I need to replace "Elven Immunities" with one of the following:

"Group Awareness": All allies of an elf character within 20 ft get a +1 bonus to Perception checks.

OR

"Wild Step": An elf may move through any sort of natural undergrowth such as vines or thorns at full speed without getting tripped up or taking damage. Magically created obstacles, such as Entangle spells, affect them normally.

ALSO

Elven Accuracy - Probably best as a feat.

Perhaps even some feats to take care of the rest... I don't want them overpowered, but I like the abilities and flavor of the 4E Races. Suggestions?

Now for the Eladrin:

4E PF ELADRIN:
+2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Con
Add "Fey Blood: Eladrin count as both Fey and Humanoids for the purposes of effects that target type."
Subtract Longbows and Shortbows from their "Weapon Familiarity".

The PF Elf is mostly a fine substitute for a 4E Eladrin, except for:

"Fey Step": Three times per day as a move action, Eladrin can teleport up to 25 feet away.

What could that possibly replace in order to keep all the balance as well as the other abilities of the Eladrin? Replace Elven Immunities with one of them?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

thundershot

Adventurer
I've decided to use the racial replacements for the Elf...

Replacing Elven Magic with Woodcraft is easy.

I can't decide if adding Wild Step is equal to replacing Elven Immunities.

Wild Step: An elf may move through any sort of natural undergrowth such as vines or thorns at full speed without getting tripped up or taking damage. Magically created obstacles, such as Entangle spells, affect them normally.

This may come into play today, as my wife is rebuilding her 4E Elven Ranger under Pathfinder...

Thanks
Chris

EDIT: So if I did do that, here's what my Elf would look like:

Elf Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Constitution: Elves are nimble and intuitive, but frail in body like their Eladrin cousins.

Medium: Elves are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Normal Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.

Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Fey Bood: Elves count as Fey and Humanoids for the purpose of effects that target type.

Wild Step: An elf may move through any sort of natural undergrowth such as vines or thorns at full speed without getting tripped up or taking damage. Magically created obstacles, such as Entangle spells, affect them normally.

Woodcraft: Elves know the deep secrets of the wild like no others, especially those of the forests. Elves with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on Knowledge (nature) and Survival checks. In forest terrain, these bonuses improve to +2.

Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.

Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows) and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.

Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.

Last edited:

thundershot

Adventurer
Here's my Eladrin, which are basically PF Elves. I'm looking for something suitable to replace Keen Senses with, so the Elves can have that:

Eladrin Racial Traits
+2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution: Eladrin are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail.

Medium: Eladrin are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Normal Speed: Eladrin have a base speed of 30 feet.

Low-Light Vision: Eladrin can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.

Fey Bood: Eladrin count as Fey and Humanoids for the purpose of effects that target type.

Elven Immunities: Eladrin are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.

Elven Magic: Eladrin receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, Eladrin receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraft skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.

Keen Senses: Eladrin receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.

Weapon Familiarity: Eladrin are proficient with longswords, rapiers, and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.

Languages: Eladrin begin play speaking Common and Elven. Eladrin with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmmm, in regards to poisons and Warforged... perhaps the answer is to make the ability to affect Warforged a property of some poisons - adding the quality also adding to both the cost and crafting DC of the toxin.

Making them immune to most poisons will actually leave them less prepared on those occasions when they aren't....

The Auld Grump

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases