Sword and Sorcery Saga v. 1.02 and NEW Adventure Conversion!

Slider Wade

Banned
Banned
Waitaminute, I just printed out v1.02 to hear minutes later that v2.0 is on the slate?

ahhhhh.gif

Exactly when is it slated for release?

Reef

Hero
Waitaminute, I just printed out v1.02 to hear minutes later that v2.0 is on the slate?

ahhhhh.gif

Exactly when is it slated for release?

Not soon enough, by my reckoning :). He was talking about releasing some new stuff (um...the monster book, I think) around the end of October, but I guess something came up.

Can't really complain, free product and all that, but I'm really champing at the bit to see 2.0.

daddystabz

Explorer
How difficult would it be to use your Sword and sorcery rules as the backbone for running Pathfinder? Since Pathfinder is basically just 3.5 I would think it would be a very simple conversion. You could even leave the Pathfinder races and classes the way they are I'd think. What are your thoughts on it and would you be able to leave the xp progression of the Pathfinder classes the same?

-Archangel-

First Post
Seems he is even worse then me in finish what he started :D

And I came here to complain how he didn't take into effect that SW world dislikes armors and none of the important character wears armors.
That is why armors seem bad in SWSE.
But for D&D armor is a standard and the mechanics around those need to be improved. I would suggest removing Armored Defense from the list of talents and give the effect of that talent to all classes while creating a new talent to be a prerequisite for Improved Armored Defense.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Well, in all honesty, it's unlikely that I'll do much more with this idea, for a reason that took me entirely by surprise: I don't really need to.

The truth of the matter is that by carefully pruning available character options, 4E (at least at lower levels) will work just fine for a S&S-type game. I first suspected this might be the case when I saw Punjar: The Tarnished Jewel. My players for the most part are either neutral to 4E or actively like it, so I might as well take advantage of the DDI utilities.

FWIW, I'll post the "Monster Book" in its unfinished form, for anyone who might want to take up the mantle. I'll also post notes on my "Sword & Sorcery 4E" game, if anyone's interested in guidelines of scraping the suck off of 4E. ;) Here's my game's intro packet for starters:

http://www.rumblepurrlion.com/stuff/dungeons_and_dragons/Zanxadar_player_background.pdf

Thanks for the interest, all! :)

-The Gneech :cool:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Just posting to say that I'm really enjoying the conversion. Well done on the S&S stuff I've read so far.

I'm looking to convert Rifts to SAGA, and I think the magic system will work for the campaign (as the focus is on guns and tech in a cowboy setting).

I'll check it out and see what needs what as I go along!

Remove ads