• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide: Player Content Guesses

gyor

Legend
I thought that guesses as to players content, aka crunch, will be in the Sword Coast Players Guide.

We already know Purple Dragons, Bladesingers, Swashbucklers are in.

Since Swashbucklers are in, I would not be surprised if other stuff from Unearthed Arcana is in, especially the stuff from the water one, like Mariner fighting style and the Storm Sorceror Origin (Minatuars are iffy, they exist in FR, but are more a Dragon Lance thing).

I also think Favoured Soul will be in, reading it, it was flavoured by the rise of the Chosen in FR in 5e.

Neverwinter Nine Might be a Paladin Oath.

Waterdeep Wizard and Incantrix could be another.

Long shot Red Wizard because they have some influence on the sword coast.

So did Shade, so Nethermancer would be really cool.

I think some elvish subraces will do in, and Dark Dwarves and maybe Durro.

Deep Gnomes might make an appearance.

Genasi and subraces are possible. Races that normally don't get subraces like Tiefling, half Orcs, and Half Elves might get subraces.

It doesn't meantion full races, but Shifters, Changelings, and Aasmir are possible.

For feats, I could see a feat granting spellfire, maybe even a chain of feats. Could be a sorceror or warlock subclass as well.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
My guess: far less crunch than people expect, or want.
Since I'm looking for far more fluff than crunch, it may not be that cut and dried as far as "people" goes. But I think we all know that some people will be very disappointed no matter which direction it goes and a few of those will be very vocal about their distaste. Books like this are received mostly on subjective judgement more than objective, so it's only to be expected for that to happen.

Remathilis

Legend
I don't expect any of the DMG/Elemental Evil races and stuff to re-appear, but I might be wrong. Same with Favored Soul.

I'm wagering Aquatic Elf, Deep Dwarf, and Ghostwise Halfling to be new subraces.

I'm thinking they might have a deity-based sub-subclass for clerics; for example a cleric of Selune could take the light domain, but replace scorching ray with moonbeam kinda stuff.

I fully expect Red Wizard to be background, rather than a subclass.

CrusaderX

First Post
I'm interested in the list of Forgotten Realms gods in this new book. Will it be the same list that's in the Player's Handbook? Will there be additions or subtractions?

Hopefully there will be new Domains. But I thought the Elemental Evil campaign would be the perfect time to introduce Earth, Air, Fire, and Water domains, and that didn't happen.

I think it's a safe bet that most of the Unearthed Arcana will make an appearance, save the minotaur and the Eberron content.
I expect 65% setting, 25% player crunch, and 10% AL/AP/video game tie-in material.

Irennan

Explorer
I'm interested in the list of Forgotten Realms gods in this new book. Will it be the same list that's in the Player's Handbook? Will there be additions or subtractions?

It depends on what kind of deity the book is going to be focused on. I however think that the list will be comprehensive (the descriptions, on the other hand, will be limited to deities that have a large followers base on the Sword Coast), and it will be expanded, as novels and other lore have confirmed that deities not mentioned in the PHB are actually alive post-Sundering (like Eilistraee&Vhaeraun).

As far as crunch goes, I think/hope that we'll see something akin to speciality priests (and I really wish to see those, especially the Sword Dancer of Eilistraee).

Irennan

Explorer
I think it's a safe bet that most of the Unearthed Arcana will make an appearance, save the minotaur and the Eberron content.
I expect 65% setting, 25% player crunch, and 10% AL/AP/video game tie-in material.

I really hope to see that much setting lore, as opposed to crunch, TBH.

Remove ads